Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eun7117)
    I just checked my email and saw a message saying that I can apply for GSS? after getting formal admission letter. How did u apply for one before u got accepted?
    That is not correct. If you log into the LSE website where you can check your application status there is a link to the GSS application form. I filled it out immediately after my application for admission.

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank u

ReputationRep:
    I have more questions about GSS, sorry for asking questions several times.

First, I found that I have to write personal statement for scholarhship? Do I have to write seperate one from that of my SOP that I uploaded?

Second, if my father (a supporter) earns more than enough to cover tution fee will school not give me scholarship? (I know that I have to be honest with family income but I was just wondering)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MPA-please)
    Well as far as I know you can change your programme in the first couple of weeks if it's in the same department...
    Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge about how easy it is to change courses, either in the first few weeks, or just before you get there - thats if you have already accepted your current offer so they cant look at your second choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eun7117)
    I have more questions about GSS, sorry for asking questions several times.

First, I found that I have to write personal statement for scholarhship? Do I have to write seperate one from that of my SOP that I uploaded?

Second, if my father (a supporter) earns more than enough to cover tution fee will school not give me scholarship? (I know that I have to be honest with family income but I was just wondering)
    Well, you have to put in your father's annual salary in one box as well as the amount he can provide to support your studies in another box, so you can put in a lower amount in the latter box if you have a legitimate reason (eg. medical reasons) for that. (Remember that you will be asked to provide proof if they award you the GSS) I'm quite sure, though, they will take your family income into account when considering your application.

I wrote a separate personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, is it true that many people who asked for 10,000 pounds for the GSS ended up getting around 5,000? How much did you all ask for and get?

ReputationRep:
    Hi frends. Do you think it would be worth applying for MSc Accounting, Institutions and Organisations (a new course at LSE) over the existing MSc Accounting and Finance.
    Will it be worthy enough to do this course from LSE than doing MSc Finance from Lancaster or MSc Accounting and Finance from Birmingham or Bristol???? pLz suggest. thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roughy_ruff)
    LOL...really a friend of mine who applied to Global Politics last year uploaded a copy of his CV and he got the offer
    That comment really made my day brighter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karat)
    I all likelihood they won't reject you because of it. I am sorry for stressing you out, I know what it feels like.
    I normally like stress and the adrenaline kick but I don't like waiting (must be the swissness in me), impatience is my virtue

ReputationRep:
    advice please! what are people on the GSS form putting for this bit???

6. Please list all known sources of financial support, including non-repayable scholarships, grants and bursaries, for which you can apply to fund your postgraduate studies.
    Attempts to secure financial support from other sources (e.g scholarships, government awards etc) are viewed favourably. There is no need to list LSE awards. We will assume that if you are applying for a two year or part time programme, that you will have the same amount available for each academic year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london-argentina)
    advice please! what are people on the GSS form putting for this bit???

6. Please list all known sources of financial support, including non-repayable scholarships, grants and bursaries, for which you can apply to fund your postgraduate studies.
    Attempts to secure financial support from other sources (e.g scholarships, government awards etc) are viewed favourably. There is no need to list LSE awards. We will assume that if you are applying for a two year or part time programme, that you will have the same amount available for each academic year.
    I put down my application for the British Council scholarships...

ReputationRep:
    Well what a waste of 3/4 hours today tailoring my GSS app.
    After 30 seconds(no lie) it was rejected.
    I rang them up - they claim its done by a computer, all formulaic.
    Anyway, I have readjusted the data (to living at home which my parents have agreed) and reapplied with more explanations as I am genuinely struggling with this cost. At least it will get seen by a human being now I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I have readjusted the data (to living at home which my parents have agreed) and reapplied with more explanations as I am genuinely struggling with this cost. At least it will get seen by a human being now I suppose.
    So you initially asked for a very low amount?

ReputationRep:
    Not that low - what i needed - just over 7, now its down to a bit over 3. we will see...i think its a completely random/ weird system!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone figured out what would contribute to an automatic rejection for GSS?

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better, I heard of people who got rejected in a second...

ReputationRep:
    My GSS was the same, spent ages on the PS and was rejected as soon as I went back to check the status. I asked for about 4,000 thinking i might get 3,000. Zilch. I ticked the boxes for "working full-time" though, which might be a factor.

ReputationRep:
    hey pavitra
    saw ur previous posts. I guess the mistake I made was sending all my documents thru DHL, will switch over to registered post now. Which course are you going to be doing?
    And Clomipramine, u got an offer for Mgt and Strategy too right? Guess Ill see u in class :-)

ReputationRep:
    Guys, my status changed to 'A decision has been made..' on Monday morning for my MSc Economics application and it hasn't changed into an offer yet 4 days later...I am getting a bit worried now. Is it possible to be put on the waiting list after this or simply get a rejection? I thought this checking process was just standard procedure - are they actually thoroughly checking my background or something...?

ReputationRep:
    hey Itwelv, when did you submit your application? I am applying for the same course as well! I submitted in late Jan and still yet to receive anything from them

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.