Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I logged in to check my application status and saw this:

A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first.
    :confused: I don't know what to think. I gave a second option. Could this mean that I have been rejected for my first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti-Everything)

:confused: I don't know what to think. I gave a second option. Could this mean that I have been rejected for my first choice?
    what that means (from the many many people who have got that message, including me) is that you got in! Congrats.

ReputationRep:

No, it means you were accepted. Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I really really hope you guys are right. It will be heart-breaking if for some I am the exception

Bleh I have to submit my dissertation in 3 days. But now I'm so distracted. All I'm gonna think about for the next two days is this. Agonizing!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I really really hope you guys are right. It will be heart-breaking if for some I am the exception

Bleh I have to submit my dissertation in 3 days. But now I'm so distracted. All I'm gonna think about for the next two days is this. Agonizing!
    Well hopefully you won't have to think about it for long - I got that message at about this time in the eve, then the next morning/lunchtime it had changed to an acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellow-yellow)
    Well hopefully you won't have to think about it for long - I got that message at about this time in the eve, then the next morning/lunchtime it had changed to an acceptance.
    That's great to know. Thanks much!

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected for my first choice Msc Management and Strategy. And I didnt write a 2nd choice while filling the form.Is there any way that I can put a second choice now??

ReputationRep:
    I think i've been on the waiting list for 9 weeks now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullocks)
    I just got rejected for my first choice Msc Management and Strategy. And I didnt write a 2nd choice while filling the form.Is there any way that I can put a second choice now??
    There is a form for that on the website. Or you can just write them an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    I think i've been on the waiting list for 9 weeks now.
    That's a bit too long! I submitted my application on February 5th. They processed it on February 16th. I got the "A decision has been made" message today (March 2nd). That is quite fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullocks)
    Yes I think you can. You better ask admission office

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the typical decision making process within each department works? Eg, do they review applications together once every week/fortnight, or whether applications are reviewed individually as they are sent to the departments?

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit too long! I submitted my application on February 5th. They processed it on February 16th. I got the "A decision has been made" message today (March 2nd). That is quite fast.
    That is too fast!

I submitted mine early November, waiting list 22nd of December. Still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    i got the "a decision has been made" message on friday and got an offer yesterday! i'm so so happy

anybody else get into the msc management? (2 yr course)

ReputationRep:
    I think the decision process depends entirely on the department that runs your course. Some are overrun with applications, e.g. economics, and take much longer to decide. Look up the stats on how many applicants for each MSc, and how many got accepted, ratio for some is 3:1 and others is way higher.

ReputationRep:
    Monday, I got "a decision has been made" status update ... and the same day I got my offer ! (Going to celebrate tonight by getting totally wasted)

Thanks to everyone here for making the stressful wait a bit less stressful and hopefully see you all Finance people next year!

ReputationRep:
    I just received an offer for a single ensuite room at Sidney Webb - anybody else staying there?

ReputationRep:
    anyone whos got an admit into lse, could u generally draw a pic of a perfect profile that gets accepted for the MSC 2 yr program ?
    I dont want to aim too high and then waste my money and enery over applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camus)
    Hello, everyone. I applied to the M.Sc. in International Relations Theory on January 4th, received notification that my application was complete and had been submitted to the department on January 9th, and was informed of my acceptance on January 20th. That's right; just over two weeks for the entire process. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by just how quickly it went. (So, to those still waiting -- and expecting to do so for the specified eight weeks -- don't despair.) I wish each of you the best of luck with both your application and future studies, wherever you choose to undertake them.
    if u have the time, could u get me a brief insight into ur profile please. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vasini)
    if u have the time, could u get me a brief insight into ur profile please. Thanks
    I graduated from an American university in 2007 with concentrations in History and Philosophy. My cumulative G.P.A. was 3.9. I began working as a Teaching Assistant in the History department in the fall of 2006 and continued to do so until the end of the fall semester of 2008. Though it probably isn't even relevant to the admissions decision, I am proficient (though far from fluent) in French and Spanish.

With respect to the application's request for a statement concerning "academic interests" and "purposes and objectives in undertaking graduate study," I described how my approach to both the theory and practice of international relations was rooted in, and dependent on, my previous programs of study. I emphasized (what I feel to be) the necessity of a solid background in History to lend clarity to the perennial nature of war, peace, and the pursuit of national interests; and underscored the benefit of philosophical training, a valuable instrument in navigating the overwhelming complexity of human affairs. From there, I discussed how my interest in several topics, themes, and thinkers could be united into a viable research project in the M.Sc. and (hopefully) Ph.D. programs. I concluded by discussing how these projects related to the collective research interests of the department.

Best of luck with your application. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.