Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first.

MSc Finance and Econ
    Waiting for my conditions ???

Diploma Business Administration and Engineering (5th sem), University of Karlsruhe, Germany
    GMAT 730 (50/38)
    TOEFL 108

oh my god..

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!

Does anyone have an idea how the Graduate Support Scheme (GSS) work? I applied for around £7000 today afternoon and within 5 minutes, my status was changed to "We are pleased to inform you that you have been awarded £5994 from the Graduate Support Scheme (GSS)."

What I was thinking is - how could a decision be made that fast? Does it work within an automated system or is it a system error? Please help me out if someone gets a clue what went around! Many thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by culprit)
    Hello guys!

Does anyone have an idea how the Graduate Support Scheme (GSS) work? I applied for around £7000 today afternoon and within 5 minutes, my status was changed to "We are pleased to inform you that you have been awarded £5994 from the Graduate Support Scheme (GSS)."

What I was thinking is - how could a decision be made that fast? Does it work within an automated system or is it a system error? Please help me out if someone gets a clue what went around! Many thanks in advance.
    Whoa! I applied and within 5 minutes I was told that I will not get anything!

Btw, Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by culprit)
    Hello guys!

I can't imagine that they would do it automatically but 5 minutes is damn short. If it wasn't confidential financial stuff I would have asked you what you entered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti-Everything)
    Whoa! I applied and within 5 minutes I was told that I will not get anything!

Btw, Congrats!!
    Thanks mate, thanks a lot! And I am sorry to learn that you were not awarded anything - I know it's harsh, but I hope you'd manage the money from some alternative sources.

Well, I believe it's some kinda software that makes most of the funding decisions. Only applicants who cannot be awarded or rejected outright actually go through the human being. The fact that many of the GSS applicants received their decisions within 2/3 hours or a day once their application were placed indicates so (but apart from you, I never heard of anyone getting an answer within 5 minutes!). I might be wrong though...

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karat)
    I can't imagine that they would do it automatically but 5 minutes is damn short. If it wasn't confidential financial stuff I would have asked you what you entered.
    Hi Karat!

Having said that on my previous post, I still can't believe I got all those money within 5 minutes - I am not even sure if my hard work in the PS actually went vain or it could make a difference! In other words, was it actually read out by someone?:confused:

Ohh, there is nothing confidential - it's all factual! I did put the name of all the funding bodies that have previously awarded me for my first degree; there was another list of organisations whom I asked to financially assist my Master's. By the way, I am an international student and have managed to secure funding from the Government back in my country and a business organisation from the USA. And yes, I applied for 7K - not too much I guess, haa?

I am not sure, it all could have played a role!

I hope it helps. Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    is LSe postgrad easier to get into than oxbridge, all things being held equal?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, first time posting so hopefully I won't mess this up...

I applied for MSc Global Politics and as my second choice, MSc International Relations. I sent my application off on January 31, but due to a mistake (on LSE's part, when they didn't see my transcript with the rest of my package) my application wasn't processed until February 17. The day that I sent off my application, Global Politics went from 'open' to 'limited availability'. On March 3, its status became 'closed*'. The online tracker for my application still says 'Your application is currently under consideration by the department. We cannot provide any further information at this time.'

I'm thinking the program probably became full before they were able to review my application - unless anyone knows if a program becomes 'closed', whether it takes them a while to send out all the acceptances/rejections?

Problem is, if the program is closed and my app isn't being considered for Global Politics, I'd like to be considered for my second choice before it closes too. And the status for International Relations changed to 'limited availability' today. Does anyone know how long it takes to send on an application to the applicant's second choice? Global Politics is still listed as my first choice on the application tracker - I didn't think I needed to change it myself, but maybe I should? Or how fast is LSE at updating their web information? Is it worth contacting them about it? It's just that I'd hate for both programs to be closed to me this year because my application was in administration limbo... although some of it is my own fault for applying late to popular programs...

ReputationRep:
    My application experience is frighteningly similar to yours, even down to the dates and all. I applied to GP but my application was never looked at due to an administrative error by LSE. I strongly suggest that you call Admissions and inquire about your application and that you should not change your preferences online until you have discussed it with them. Submitting a change of preferences online may take more precious time since the request has to be processed, and it may be faster for your app to be considered for your 2nd choice if you simply do nothing. Since things are becoming so time sensitive, I'd call.

ReputationRep:
    hooooooooray I will apply for GSS tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I was put on the waiting list and my application was sent back to department two weeks ago this Friday. According to the LSE website I should have an answer at the end of these two weeks. Does anyone have experience of the waiting list and if they actually stick to the two week guideline?

ReputationRep:
    Clomipramine : I got Rosebery. Northumberland single was my first option, but didnt get it. Very upset. Hope I can do a switch when I get there.
    Are u on the gradute school group in LSE? For all of u who have been made offers please join this group on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2815676&ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daretel)
    My application experience is frighteningly similar to yours, even down to the dates and all. I applied to GP but my application was never looked at due to an administrative error by LSE.
    Yikes. Okay, will definitely be calling tomorrow to make sure my application isn't in administration limbo or elsewhere. Thanks for the advice! Did you end up applying for another program, or did you keep your application in the queue for the next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcswimmer)
    Yikes. Okay, will definitely be calling tomorrow to make sure my application isn't in administration limbo or elsewhere. Thanks for the advice! Did you end up applying for another program, or did you keep your application in the queue for the next year?
    Yeah, my application experience was a little complicated, with a request on my part that was apparently never received. In any case, I switched my first preference to another program and kept my second choice. Fingers crossed for getting in this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shre2711)
    Clomipramine : I got Rosebery. Northumberland single was my first option, but didnt get it. Very upset. Hope I can do a switch when I get there.
    Are u on the gradute school group in LSE? For all of u who have been made offers please join this group on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2815676&ref=ts
    Hope you can get a single at Northumberland later. Actually, I got my second choice. First was Grosvenor. It's pretty expensive though, so I'm glad I got Northumberland.

I've already joined the facebook group.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone
    Offtopic but just managed to defer my offer to 2010 (whew) so i can take up my erasmus scholarship this year. The gods must be smiling!
    Hopefully the luck of the draw would allow another northumberland single to come my way :P getting too greedy..

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

While applying to LSE I have chosen Finance & Economics as the first choice and Finance as the second. Now I think that it was probably a mistake, since both programs are at the same department. Thus, it seems very unlikely that I will be admitted to my 2nd choice after rejection for the 1st. So, I want to switch my second choice to Accounting and Finance: competition there seems to be much lower (intake for 2007 196/1022 in comparison with 100/1350) and it is run by another department.

Now I have the following question:

If I go to application status, I can see that the status for both 1st and 2nd choices is: “Your application is currently under consideration by the department.” For the 2nd choice it was initially: “Current Second Choice Status: This choice will be considered if your first choice is not successful.” Doesn’t it mean that the department of finance has started considering my application for the 2nd choice? Won’t change of my 2nd choice affect the decision on the 1st choice (delay it or smth like this)?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, does anyone know any idea about offer conditions for Real Estate Econs and Finance?
    I got an email from Admissions Office saying they would only send me the offer if I declined my first offer ( MSc Economics) urgh, if I dnt know the terms of the conditions how the hell am I supposed to make a decision ? . But it was quite quick about 2 weeks for this second choice.

ReputationRep:
    I just received an unconditional offer to the MSc in Information Systems and Organisations Research (ISOR) programme. Here is my information that some may find helpful.

MSc in Information Systems and Organisations (Research)

1.) Application submitted: Sun 25-01-2009
    2.) LSE downloaded application: Mon 26-01-2009 (1 day)
    3.) LSE processed application: Fri 6-2-2009 (12 days)
    4.) Status Changed to "A decision has been made...": Wed 11-3-2009 (6.5 weeks)
    5.) Status changed to "unconditional offer": Thur 12-3-2009 (6 weeks, 4 days)

For reference:
    GRE/GMAT: Not Required
    UG GPA: 3.42 Overall/3.56 Major
    UG Major: Information Systems
    Work Experience: Over 10 years in IT Consulting/Systems Administration
    SOP: 3 A4 pages (including research proposal)
    References: strong academic sources

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully I make it...

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.