The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
shanshan
how long does it take to get the offer? thx
mine is underconsideration

did you also apply to the msc management?
it took 4 months for me, lol!
don't get discouraged though - most people get their response after 6-8 weeks. i'm a special case...
Reply 781
i applied for msc management as well. took them 3 week I think but i applied early and I already had the grades from my undergrad. I hope to see you guys after summer!
Reply 782
Karat
Yes.

Yep, just got a conditional offer to NGOs & Development.
Reply 783
I got an unconditional offer today. I'm over the moon! I got no GSS though. It only took them 2 minutes from when I submitted the GSS application to getting the answer.
Hello,

My boyfriend is applying for the Msc Environment and Development course. He has an engineering background and did a bunch of courses in environmental engineering. His grades are near a 3.7 but he has work experience in finance with a focus on developing areas in Africa, a GRE score of 1590 and stellar extra curriculars (he's a Trinity College grade 8 pianist and a national level basketball player) Any pointers for him? Also, how competitive is this course?
Reply 785
hi guys..

I applied for Diploma in accounting and finance on March 12th . I haven't received my applicant id yet. Am i too late in applying?
Reply 786
bartelby
I got an unconditional offer today. I'm over the moon! I got no GSS though. It only took them 2 minutes from when I submitted the GSS application to getting the answer.

How Much scholarship you requested for, if I may ask.....
Hello everyone!

Today, the programmes MSc in International Relations and MSc in Iternational Political Economy are being listed as "closed".

:eek3:
Reply 788
leviathan1
Hello everyone!

Today, the programmes MSc in International Relations and MSc in Iternational Political Economy are being listed as "closed".

Yeah, I noticed that too, unfortunately. Have you applied for either program? If so, what's your application status? I applied to IPE but my application status is still listed as "under consideration."
I'm in the same boat. My application was forwarded to the IR department on the 5th of March and my current status is "Under consideration by the department." I am totally FREAKING OUT! Hopefully, "closed" just means that they're not accepting any new applications for the programme?

I plan to call them as soon as the office opens. Let me know if you hear anything...and good luck!
Reply 790
breathe919
I'm in the same boat. My application was forwarded to the IR department on the 5th of March and my current status is "Under consideration by the department." I am totally FREAKING OUT! Hopefully, "closed" just means that they're not accepting any new applications for the programme?

I plan to call them as soon as the office opens. Let me know if you hear anything...and good luck!

Yeah, and what a terrible boat it is. I've written more about my situation, and what it could mean, in another thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=852319. I think mine was "under consideration" around March 10th or so for IPE.

I plan on calling tomorrow too and just hope that there's a disconnect between the course availability update and the online status tracker. Best of luck to us both!
Reply 791
leviathan1
Hello everyone!

I was pretty shocked about that too. But thinking about it I'm pretty sure it just means the programme wont take any new applications. It says our application is under consideration, so Im assuming it is. Also, I sent my application in the day the Global Politics course closed (2nd choice) and it just instantly said application can't be considered - it hasn't said that now about IR, and that's a good sign. Only worry is there must only be a couple of places left now, and my application isn't the strongest!
Reply 792
can i apply to GSS if im an international student and also, can i apply after i recieved an offer?
thx
Will they be closing the office for Easter?
Reply 794
Just wondering, if i accept my offer then decide not to go in june/july, do i have to pay a fine?
Reply 795
Multiplexed
Will they be closing the office for Easter?

Yes they will be closed:
"Easter Closure - The Graduate Admissions Office will be closed for Easter from Thursday 9th April - Wednesday 15th April 2009."

shanshan
can i apply to GSS if im an international student and also, can i apply after i recieved an offer?
thx

Yes and yes. Have a look at: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/studentServicesCentre/financialSupportOffice/MScApp/taughtMScprogrammes.htm

Bkfn
Just wondering, if i accept my offer then decide not to go in june/july, do i have to pay a fine?

https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enquiries/enquiry.html?a=4&q=456&searchString= says that there is no financial penalty.
Curses and Blast!

Just got rejected for the Msc IR (Research), and my 2nd choice was already closed so I didn't even get considered for that.

My 1st choice was under consideration for a few weeks, so it looks like I was actually rejected, not that they closed before I had a chance. I did, however, apply in February, which is pretty late in the day for this course, methinks.

Two things:

1)Given that I have a first in History from a good university and three years' experience overseas (two in Japan and one in Italy), anyone know if it would be worth reactivating my application for next year? Are early applications more likely to be accepted?

2)The MSc International Relations Theory is still listed as 'open'. Would it be worth applying for that for this year?

Any advice would be great!
Reply 797
Hey justsomeguy,

Sorry about the IR decision, but it may be worth it to apply early next year. Since Lse uses rolling admissions, early applicants have an advantage when applying ( Lse explicitly states this on their website). The IR theory option entirely depends on you - do you want to wait a year and try to apply early for a program you whole heartedly want to do or does the theory course sufficiently cover your interests and goals? I'm not familiar with the courses, but there may be course options in the theory program that overlap with the IR program, which may allow you to study the things you wouldve wanted to under the IR program.

A few questions about your app: did you check your status yesterday after the course availability for IR closed? Was it still under consideration? Did your status change today (3/24)? I'm under consideration for IPE and trying to divine the IR dept's decision process. Just really nervous since it closed yesterday.

Cheers
Reply 798
breathe919

I called Admissions today and they said my app is still being considered. I think decisions are going to be made very soon since it's closed. Fingers crossed...
Yeah, I called them earlier today and they told me the same thing! But I just checked my application status an hour ago and it had changed to "A decision has been made..."
I'm trying not to get too excited :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending