Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello People,

Just applied for Comp Politics; I know its kinda late but again, they would have filtered out all the creamy bunch and therefore chances of getting offered remains high ! At least thats what I think ... anyone agree ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojobaby)
    Hello People,

Just applied for Comp Politics; I know its kinda late but again, they would have filtered out all the creamy bunch and therefore chances of getting offered remains high ! At least thats what I think ... anyone agree ?
    No

ReputationRep:
    They put me on the waiting list for the MSc Int'l Mgm (@Dec). Now I have no idea what that means regarding my chances of actually being admitted. Could anyone provide experience from previous years?

According to their letter .. "Final decisions for applicants on the waiting list are made up to 8 weeks after the initial waiting list decision"....

My patience has reached its limits (6 months waiting)
    SHOULD I RING THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodMorning77)
    They put me on the waiting list for the MSc Int'l Mgm (@Dec). Now I have no idea what that means regarding my chances of actually being admitted. Could anyone provide experience from previous years?

According to their letter .. "Final decisions for applicants on the waiting list are made up to 8 weeks after the initial waiting list decision"....

Assuming you haven't received a final "admitted or denied" decision and given the fact that you've waited well over the specified 8 weeks from the initial wait list decision, yes; I would absolutely call the admissions office.

ReputationRep:

Similar situation here and have waited about 5 months, nearly 6 and i applied to the management department courses too so yeah, it's probably a departmental issue. I rang the admissions office before and they were 0 help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    Similar situation here and have waited about 5 months, nearly 6 and i applied to the management department courses too so yeah, it's probably a departmental issue. I rang the admissions office before and they were 0 help.
    should i contact the department then? (or sending an email) ... don't wanna wait forever ...

ReputationRep:
    should i contact the department then? (or sending an email) ... don't wanna wait forever ...
    Yeah, go for it. They used to reply to my queries before, told me they'd make a decision within the next 2 weeks then they stopped even after I sent them two e-mails so yeah, it's worth it. Let me know what you find out.

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anybody got money from GSS?

I didn't get any, I don't understand why since I have no money and neither do my parents, plus it is unfair how the largest career development loan does not even cover the fees at that place. It is completely prohibitive. I applied back in January.

Anyway i noticed someone on this thread said they reapplied to GSS. I emailed the finance office, explaining in more detail why i need some money before I can attend LSE and asked for a smaller figure. Havem't received a reply yet though. Has anyone received email correspondence from the finance office and how long did it take?

Has anyone got an 8000 pound CDL loan for an MSc or LLM there? If i cant get that then im screwed, not that im not screwed already...

ReputationRep:
    omg im so freaking out...my status on the website just changed to "a decision has been made" 10mins ago, and my friend is calling the admission office now to check for me...fingers crossed......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melfish)
    omg im so freaking out...my status on the website just changed to "a decision has been made" 10mins ago, and my friend is calling the admission office now to check for me...fingers crossed......
    the answer was "we need to make sure everything is in order before we give you the answer" and "this definitely doesn't mean a rejection". i should expect to hear the result by end of April.

I applied for MPA PPM stream, received my 4th email on 4th March, so it took around 7 weeks. Over the long time of waiting i really gained a lot of confidence and support here, thank you guys, best of luck everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    chill out, you got it mate! 99% of ppl who got this msg get in!
    as for me, I just emailed the postgraduate admission and they ``promised'' to ask the department to ``speed-up'' the decision making process, as if they haven't done it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melfish)
    the answer was "we need to make sure everything is in order before we give you the answer" and "this definitely doesn't mean a rejection". i should expect to hear the result by end of April.

I applied for MPA PPM stream, received my 4th email on 4th March, so it took around 7 weeks. Over the long time of waiting i really gained a lot of confidence and support here, thank you guys, best of luck everyone!!!
    Well, if you get in (and I am assuming you are) then we'll be classmates ;-) Looking forward to meeting you in September!

ReputationRep:
    I am so frustrated....My conditional offer(Wait over 5 months) requires me to get 1st degree, if not LSE will consider depends on my final results...Does anyone know what'are the mimimum average marks for final admission? Or can I negotiate with admission office for lowering down the conditions coz I see some guys in the forum get 2.1 conditions

much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I have 7 years of professional work experience after a masters degree. I have research inclination and have some papers published. What are the chances that if apply for ISOR of LSE 1) I get admission ? 2) I get scholarship ? and 3) what amount of scholarship I can get?

What are the job opportunities available for ISOR?

Thanks
    mani bhattacharjee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casoncheng)
    I am so frustrated....My conditional offer(Wait over 5 months) requires me to get 1st degree, if not LSE will consider depends on my final results...Does anyone know what'are the mimimum average marks for final admission? Or can I negotiate with admission office for lowering down the conditions coz I see some guys in the forum get 2.1 conditions

much appreciated

If that helps, as far as I know, on a grading sistem from 1 to 10 , they require to get at least 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simona)
    If that helps, as far as I know, on a grading sistem from 1 to 10 , they require to get at least 9.
    I'm afraid that this really depends more on the country than on the grading system. For some countries a 2:1 starts at 7.0, while for others at 9.0 (on a 1-10 scale)

ReputationRep:
    This could possibly be good news, I got the decision made message. Let's hope this is good news in the last minute after waiting 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    Well :/ now i know how people felt who got that decision... i've been checking the tracker at the rate of 4 times per every 10 minutes since i've found out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    Well :/ now i know how people felt who got that decision... i've been checking the tracker at the rate of 4 times per every 10 minutes since i've found out.
    What program are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    MSc Management, Organisations & Governance.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.