Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    MSc Management, Organisations & Governance.
    usually what offers they give? 2:1 or first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanshan)
    usually what offers they give? 2:1 or first?
    No idea, hoping to get a 2.1 offer though, if it's a 1st then it'll be a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Dear All:

Just wanted some info-- submitted my LLM Application to the LSE last 24 April 2009. At the time of my application, the LSE site said that the program had "limited availability" for foreign students like me. Would my application already be too late? I have not received any word from LSE. How long before I get any reply on my application? On pins and needles.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No idea, hoping to get a 2.1 offer though, if it's a 1st then it'll be a challenge.
    same situation with u,, I got 1st finally in mgt, gov, org

ReputationRep:
    Comparative Politics (Conflict Studies) yea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casoncheng)
    same situation with u,, I got 1st finally in mgt, gov, org
    need a first hon for this course?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure,,,Perhaps some exceptions, but my requirement is 1st , Now I am using how do I bargaining with LSE

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer for msc mog as well! got the 'a decision has been made' msg yesterday and the status updated today, the condition is upper second class honors
    casoncheng and shanshan did you apply for other courses from other unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by germaineilya)
    I got a conditional offer for msc mog as well! got the 'a decision has been made' msg yesterday and the status updated today, the condition is upper second class honors
    casoncheng and shanshan did you apply for other courses from other unis?
    Exactly same here... didn't know there was so many MOG people here.

Decision made yesterday and 2.1 offer today.

Thanks to all the advice in the thread, have been at the start, it's been a long 6 month journey. Now to buckle down and concentrate on exams.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly same here... didn't know there was so many MOG people here.

Decision made yesterday and 2.1 offer today.

Thanks to all the advice in the thread, have been at the start, it's been a long 6 month journey. Now to buckle down and concentrate on exams.
    Congrats!
    Did you apply for any other courses?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!
    Did you apply for any other courses?
    Warwick, Cass & Kings but LSE is the first choice. What about you?

I just checked...there's already a MOG 09/10 list on facebook.

ReputationRep:

I also applied for msc management research at oxford, still waiting to see if i will get an interview.. do you know anything about the job prospects of this course? they dont seem to have this information on their website

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i tried to look into the career development loan, but was told, you you can only get it for practical stuff. i'm going to be doing an MSc Economics, would this qualify? ......

Thanks

ReputationRep:

I applied LSE and Manchester

U gus so lucky...Why I got 1st????????? So stupid offer....

Does anyone know how to persuade admission office lower down my requrement....I feel unfair.....

ReputationRep:

Does anyone know how to persuade admission office lower down my requrement....I feel unfair.....
    I think the condition depends on how strong your other parts of the application is, maybe they didnt particularly like your Gmat score or you Ps... Just guessing..
    Have you already got your final results? If not you have to wait for the final results to come out and if it doesnt meet the requirement I think you will have to request to waive the condition. It might or might not work depending on if you can convince them that the score is not representative of your true ability. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

you scared me last night by saying you got an offer of a 1st. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I think the condition depends on how strong your other parts of the application is, maybe they didnt particularly like your Gmat score or you Ps... Just guessing..
    Have you already got your final results? If not you have to wait for the final results to come out and if it doesnt meet the requirement I think you will have to request to waive the condition. It might or might not work depending on if you can convince them that the score is not representative of your true ability. Good luck!

Still wait for final exams.....Perhaps you're right, AnywayI have already asked the admission to waive my condition....1st is too high for my undergraduate subject.... Probably I think. it will'be Ok if I can manage to get at least average 67/68....Does anyone know teh accurate number?

ReputationRep:
    Still wait for final exams.....Perhaps you're right, AnywayI have already asked the admission to waive my condition....1st is too high for my undergraduate subject.... Probably I think. it will'be Ok if I can manage to get at least average 67/68....Does anyone know teh accurate number?
    1st is 70, I think if you get 68 you have a high chance to have the condition waived good luck

ReputationRep:
    May I ask what 's your undergraduate subject? did you do it in a british uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juhreka)
    hi,

i tried to look into the career development loan, but was told, you you can only get it for practical stuff. i'm going to be doing an MSc Economics, would this qualify? ......

Thanks
    Hi, I phoned the government advice place who put me onto the learning and skills council or whatever they are called and they told me that LSE is one of the learning institutions that is covered by CDLs.I asked them if that meant any masters course at LSE would be eligible for a CDL (i have an LLM in mind). They said yes and they gave me the LSE four digit number for the CDL application form. But i suppose it's up to the bank at the end of the day.

The government advice line told me the qualification had to "lead to gainful employment". I asked them what exactly this meant in reality but they just repeated it , so maybe it is quite broad..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.