Turn on thread page Beta

LSE Postgraduate applications 2009/2010 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casoncheng)
    Still wait for final exams.....Perhaps you're right, AnywayI have already asked the admission to waive my condition....1st is too high for my undergraduate subject.... Probably I think. it will'be Ok if I can manage to get at least average 67/68....Does anyone know teh accurate number?
    did u expect urself to get a first when u fill in application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanshan)
    did u expect urself to get a first when u fill in application?

Yes...I said ...God ..don't tell me that my fault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by germaineilya)
    May I ask what 's your undergraduate subject? did you do it in a british uni?

Sure,,,,I am doing Management course in Manchester Business school..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casoncheng)
    Yes...I said ...God ..don't tell me that my fault?
    no i dont think it's your fault, I said i was predicted a first as well but they didnt require a first from me

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I recently received an offer via the LSE online system. I am an international student and will require accommodations through LSE. From reading through this thread, I'm getting the impression that I received my offer fairly late and many students have already submitted their accommodation requests. Will I still be able to secure accommodations through LSE assuming that I submit a request in the next few weeks? I'm not entirely sure how the process works. Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetsangria)
    Hi! I recently received an offer via the LSE online system. I am an international student and will require accommodations through LSE. From reading through this thread, I'm getting the impression that I received my offer fairly late and many students have already submitted their accommodation requests. Will I still be able to secure accommodations through LSE assuming that I submit a request in the next few weeks? I'm not entirely sure how the process works. Thanks for the help!
    I also received it last few days ago, and submitted accomodation application form yesterday. I hope I was not too late.

ReputationRep:
    Still on the reserve list for IR. And I feel very lonely

ReputationRep:
    "A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed."

Can I start to celebrate or should I keep my fingers crossed for another day or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allianzg)

Can I start to celebrate or should I keep my fingers crossed for another day or two?
    I received that message on Monday and got an offer yesterday. I'm 99,9% sure you'll get an offer as well. The empirical evidence on this and other forums is overwhelming.

ReputationRep:

Was this message emailed to you, or appeared when you checked your online-application-status?

ReputationRep:
    Dear all, I would like to seek your advice on this question:

This year, I am applying for a MSc programme on international relations at LSE: MSC IR (Research) or MSc History and Theory of IRs. The first is in the Department of International Relations, the second Dept of Intl History.

With a view to pursuing PhD studies on IR afterwards, which Dept will be better for me?

I find that most of the elective courses for both programmes are much the same. Is the any major difference between the approaches of the two depts.?

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I got the "almost there" status today.
    I will be enrolling in Media & Communications any future classmastes around??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Element54)
    Was this message emailed to you, or appeared when you checked your online-application-status?
    It appeared on my online-application-status.

It's still there unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    It appeared on my online-application-status.

It's still there unfortunately!
    What course? Check back at the same time, give or take an hour, that you got the message today and it will have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Msc Management (2 year-programme)

It was about this time yesterday it changed. Maybe it'll take longer as I am an international applicant?

It will break my heart if I am going to be the first one that get rejected after receiving the "A decision has been..." message.

ReputationRep:
    I hope not, I'm the same situation!!

You'll see you're accepted within the next days!

ReputationRep:
    Hope so, good luck to you too!

I need some positive news now!

ReputationRep:
    BTW Does anyone know if there are specific requirements for IELTS (like 7 in every module)?? I have a 8.5 score with 9 in everything except in writing (6.5)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I thought they only looked at the band score?

ReputationRep:
    Msc Management (2 year-programme)

It was about this time yesterday it changed. Maybe it'll take longer as I am an international applicant?

It will break my heart if I am going to be the first one that get rejected after receiving the "A decision has been..." message.
    Hey we're going to be in the same class!

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.