Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    LSE is being an ass really, as the status of my course has changed to Limited Availability now. After 4 months of waiting they still bloody hesitated.

ReputationRep:
    Aemilius: Well only if I get accepted. Been almost two days now, and I still get the "A decision has.." message when I log in.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE= Been almost two days now, and I still get the "A decision has.." message when I log in.[/QUOTE]

Me too

ReputationRep:
    Charimito: Which programme did you apply for? And are you waiting for a response on your first or second choice?

I wasn't accepted for my first choice, Msc finance, so I wasn't expecting to be accepted for my second choice either, but after receiving the "A decision.." message I started to get my hopes up again. But this waiting process is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allianzg)
    Charimito: Which programme did you apply for? And are you waiting for a response on your first or second choice?

I wasn't accepted for my first choice, Msc finance, so I wasn't expecting to be accepted for my second choice either, but after receiving the "A decision.." message I started to get my hopes up again. But this waiting process is killing me!
    What is your second choice?

ReputationRep:
    phil13ole: Msc Management

I received a conditional offer today. Not sure if the programme is the right one for me though, as I'm about to finish a Bachelor in Business & Economics. Which means I've had many similar courses already.

Guess it's down to MSc Management at LSE or MSc Finance at ESADE.

ReputationRep:
    Management is going to be quite different to Business. That's why they don't usually let Management students apply to the Msc Management programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im37)
    LSE is being an ass really, as the status of my course has changed to Limited Availability now. After 4 months of waiting they still bloody hesitated.
    thats cruel. Have your gun admissions and got any answers? For £35 for hte online application, you'd expect better service!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    First of all, to those who are still waiting to hear back from LSE admissions: hang in there! They sure took their sweet time letting me know about their decision. At least I got an offer...Well here is my problem:
    I am an international student at an American university and have a conditional offer for Comparative Politics (conflict studies). I am extremely worried because they asked for a 3.5 GPA and I only have a 3.4 - basically there is no way for me to get 3.5 by the end of semester. I don't understand why they would send me such an offer knowing that this is an impossible task ... I was wondering whether there was anybody out there in a similar situation? or do you know anyone who got in without actually fulfilling their offer? any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you

ps I am too scared to call them- in case they realize that I can't actually get a 3.5...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alteregolillian)
    Hi everyone!
    First of all, to those who are still waiting to hear back from LSE admissions: hang in there! They sure took their sweet time letting me know about their decision. At least I got an offer...Well here is my problem:
    I am an international student at an American university and have a conditional offer for Comparative Politics (conflict studies). I am extremely worried because they asked for a 3.5 GPA and I only have a 3.4 - basically there is no way for me to get 3.5 by the end of semester. I don't understand why they would send me such an offer knowing that this is an impossible task ... I was wondering whether there was anybody out there in a similar situation? or do you know anyone who got in without actually fulfilling their offer? any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you

ps I am too scared to call them- in case they realize that I can't actually get a 3.5...
    hey glad to see someone who got an offer from conflict studies.
    I was also accepted, but as I already graduated fe yrs ago, they didnt put me any condition. I think u should just call and ask them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alteregolillian)
    Hi everyone!

My advice is to send them your final transcript as soon as it is available, and accompany it with a letter, written by one of your instructors, explaining why you've failed to meet the condition. I found this information on LSE's FAQ website.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

This is my first time on this thread so I apologise in advance for any silly questions. I have applied for the MSc in Economics at two Universities, one of them being LSE, and have one offer from the other uni but am afraid I will not make the condition. I have still not heard back from LSE, I would appreciate an update from any Economics applicants on what is happening with the LSE process if possible. Many thanks in advance and apologies for those bored with new members to the thread :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fares)
    My advice is to send them your final transcript as soon as it is available, and accompany it with a letter, written by one of your instructors, explaining why you've failed to meet the condition. I found this information on LSE's FAQ website.
    thanks for the advice Fares! I guess that is my only option right now...
    Eun7117, congrats on your offer! I hope it all works out for me, and hopefully we ll get to be classmates :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fares)

Is it necessary to attach a letter from one of my intructors? I am also afraid I will not make the 1st honour......God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradstudent1983)
    Hi guys,

This is my first time on this thread so I apologise in advance for any silly questions. I have applied for the MSc in Economics at two Universities, one of them being LSE, and have one offer from the other uni but am afraid I will not make the condition. I have still not heard back from LSE, I would appreciate an update from any Economics applicants on what is happening with the LSE process if possible. Many thanks in advance and apologies for those bored with new members to the thread :-)
    What condition did the other uni ask for that you doubt your ability to meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    What condition did the other uni ask for that you doubt your ability to meet?
    I need a 65 in my current Masters, which would be fine if it were not for one riciulously impossible module I decided to take. Do you have any feedback/experience of people not meeting their conditions and getting in? Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I need a 65 in my current Masters, which would be fine if it were not for one riciulously impossible module I decided to take. Do you have any feedback/experience of people not meeting their conditions and getting in? Many thanks in advance
    i) Do a spreadsheet and that should show you how unimportant one module is.
    ii) I do not have any inside knowledge of the criterea used for admission to the Warwick diploma course. So they may show some flexibility but not much.

ReputationRep:
    i) Do a spreadsheet and that should show you how unimportant one module is.
    ii) I do not have any inside knowledge of the criterea used for admission to the Warwick diploma course. So they may show some flexibility but not much.
    Great, thanks for the feedback. Did you always know you wanted to do a PHD or was it something that just appealed to you during your MSc? I guess Im just wondering whether you need to know very early what kind of PHD topic you would like to pursue

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks for the feedback. Did you always know you wanted to do a PHD or was it something that just appealed to you during your MSc?
    I think I always knew.

I guess Im just wondering whether you need to know very early what kind of PHD topic you would like to pursue
    I am still not sure on the topic.

ReputationRep:
    I think I always knew.

I am still not sure on the topic.
    Haha thanks its very reassuring to know that a Warwick Economics PHD still isnt sure about his topic!

So how difficult would you say it is to get onto the PHD program, is it a prerequisite to get a distinction in the MSc? (I notice from most CVs I read of Econ PHDs they got distinctions).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.