Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got the Offer, yet GSS closed ! DOes anyone have the message that says : "You will be considered for other LSE scholarships for which you are eligible. The Financial Support Office will write to you by 31 July 2009 if you are successful in obtaining any other LSE scholarship" ? Does it mean that I just keep waiting. Please help !

ReputationRep:
    Yes and yes.

Well, technically I actually got some GSS, but prior to that I was rejected and it basically told me everyone gets considered for the scholarships and will be notified of any award in writing by 31st July 2009.

ReputationRep:
    Applied LSE MSc accounting, orgaizations and institutions on Apr 16.
    Surely it was too late. The course had been closed a week ago, but my application is still under consideration.
    I called the department and she said, "Yours are with selectors now and decision has not been made yet. Cause you applied before closing, yours can be considered by the selectors"
    The problem is that I have to pay deposit by next week for another school. It is really terrible to wait the result in this way.
    By the way, does anyone know whether this course can get ACCA exemptions or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by germaineilya)
    congrats! i have the same offer from mog as well, just out of curiosity, i read in your previous post that you were rejected by Oxford Msc MR, which i m applying to as well, do you mind telling me if you were rejected before or after the interview? Thanks!
    Before the interview. Heck, before I even submitted my GMAT score! Those folk at Said are heartless I tells ya! The thing which got my gripe the most was that I spent SO much time on my oxford application - preparing for the GMAT, writing an essay and writing a personal statement - I couldn't believe the rejected me with such flippancy!

Where else have you applied? Would you take MOG over Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im37)
    Well, I am in a very screw up situation as well.
    1st choice Finance and Economics: turned to limited availability 2 weeks before, and still received no news from LSE. The lady of the admission office told me to wait another 2 weeks, while the email said my application was already with the final admissioner in the department!!!

2nd choice Economics: As everybody knows, the status of that course is now CLOSED. Which means if I got rejected for my 1st choice, I am done.

Bloody hell, talk about the agony of receiving a rejection during exam period....><
    Did you get the "a decision has been made message, or how did you know it was with the final admissioner in the department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haksa)
    Before the interview. Heck, before I even submitted my GMAT score! Those folk at Said are heartless I tells ya! The thing which got my gripe the most was that I spent SO much time on my oxford application - preparing for the GMAT, writing an essay and writing a personal statement - I couldn't believe the rejected me with such flippancy!

Where else have you applied? Would you take MOG over Oxford?
    that sounds scary... I spent quite alot of time preparing for Oxford MR as well, got an interview coming on 27th, really nervous cos i m originally in the 3rd stage but now they suddenly closed application because of the larger volume of applications this year so basically now i m among the final batch, the most competitive one... I only applied for MOG and MR, but wouldnt take mog over oxford if oxford wants me... i dont really like london and the name oxford is simply irresistible for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teasippers)
    Applied LSE MSc accounting, orgaizations and institutions on Apr 16.
    Surely it was too late. The course had been closed a week ago, but my application is still under consideration.
    I called the department and she said, "Yours are with selectors now and decision has not been made yet. Cause you applied before closing, yours can be considered by the selectors"
    The problem is that I have to pay deposit by next week for another school. It is really terrible to wait the result in this way.
    By the way, does anyone know whether this course can get ACCA exemptions or not?
    When I logged in to apply for GSS, it was closed!!
    So does this mean that even if I could not apply for GSS, I will still be considered for scholarship?? Or do they only consider those who saw the message that you mentioned above?

ReputationRep:
    GSS seems to be officially closed.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone is leaving accomodation arrangments until the term starts? I havnt arranged anything yet and havnt applied for halls as i dont really want to live in hall again. I was thinking of staying home for the first few weeks until i found a house or a flat to share with people. Is anyone else doing this? Also if anyoen is alrerady a gard at lse, what is gard life like? Will you miss out if you dont live with other grads? Are ents organised around accomodation etc or is it uni/union based?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hello i mailed back the acceptance form and applied accommodation online 2 weeks ago. So anyone knows wht I hv to do now? will they mail bak anythg about getting my acceptance letter or accommodation ? thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bkfn)
    Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone is leaving accomodation arrangments until the term starts? I havnt arranged anything yet and havnt applied for halls as i dont really want to live in hall again. I was thinking of staying home for the first few weeks until i found a house or a flat to share with people. Is anyone else doing this? Also if anyoen is alrerady a gard at lse, what is gard life like? Will you miss out if you dont live with other grads? Are ents organised around accomodation etc or is it uni/union based?

Thanks
    Hey!
    I will be a graduate student at LSE next october, let me know if are looking for people to share a flat, Id be interested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charimito)
    I think it means you're in

The just need to check your transcript and do the bureaucratic stuff
    yeh told my mates about the email as well and they said i might get rejected .. im not understanding the emails ...

ReputationRep:
    Funny that the Management courses only got limited availability/closed within the last month and the majority of their offers were given late april/early May... evidence that there's really no point applying as early as October?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    Funny that the Management courses only got limited availability/closed within the last month and the majority of their offers were given late april/early May... evidence that there's really no point applying as early as October?
    Well, I applied in early November and got an offer before Christmas. It was good in a way as I didn't have to worry about having nowhere to go early on. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    hello, how long will it take to get offers after applying for accommodation? thx alot im worrying, no one is replying me from LSE..

i mailed the acceptance form and applied for accomm for about 1 month. thxalot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    Ever heard of GSS?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get any GSS and I honestly don't think I can attend. I'm looking at over 22K (tuition + living expenses) which is just ridiculous. I still haven't replied to the offer and am still looking at ways to possibly raise the funds I need. I am thinking of deferring but I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to pay for it next year. Sorry there's not much point to this post, just want to vent my frustration!

ReputationRep:
    Got the dreaded "a decision has been made" message today...

ReputationRep:
    well it's the opposite of dreaded. very well done!

ReputationRep:
    I was accepted back in December into the MSc IPE program at LSE. But, I have recently decided to apply to the MPA PEP program. The program's availability status has changed to "Closed" while my application's status is "under consideration by the department". Does anyone know the school's policy in such cases?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.