Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fares)
    I was accepted back in December into the MSc IPE program at LSE. But, I have recently decided to apply to the MPA PEP program. The program's availability status has changed to "Closed" while my application's status is "under consideration by the department". Does anyone know the school's policy in such cases?
    You mean we can apply again while holding an offer???

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we can do so. You should fill out the electronic "amend my choice" form located on LSE's website.

ReputationRep:
    I was accepted for a MA in Sociology. But the problem is they want a 1st. The minimum requirements on prospectus and website clearly states a 2.1

I won't be able to get a 1st since its nigh impossible.

Why are they asking such high grades for?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Probably something to do with the rest of your application not being up to scratch?
    Interestingly, I applied with a First and they sent back a condition "to get a 2:1" which was odd.
    Just get the best possible grade you can and go back to them when you have your results, maybe there is fierce competition for the final places on your course?

ReputationRep:
    Fares,

Regarding your course being "Closed," but your app being "under consideration" : I'm confident that your app is still under consideration by selectors. The program being closed just means no new applications can be accepted for consideration.

Element54,

I was accepted to Sociology as well! Not too many of us Soc students around it seems. I'm thinking of deferring my offer...Are there specific subfields of sociology you plan to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daretel)
    Element54,

I was accepted to Sociology as well! Not too many of us Soc students around it seems. I'm thinking of deferring my offer...Are there specific subfields of sociology you plan to study?
    It's a very expensive way of deferring entering the job market, I love sociology so I really don't mind working more and learning new things. What are you goals if you take up the placement?

also, what was your conditional requirement? I probably won't get in, if I need a 1st...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was thinking of deferring because of the economy; I worry that work opportunities, internships, etc. may be hard to come by in 2009 and even in 2010, so deferring could help boost employment chances. My goals are diverse: I'm intrigued by the prospect of working in international business, PhD, or law school, so hopefully LSE will help clarify things for me.

I received an unconditional offer. You should call them about your requirements and potential scenarios for admission. Good luck....

ReputationRep:
    Almost 4 weeks of a "a decision has been made" and no news of an offer!!

I just need to know if it's a yes or a no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charimito)
    Almost 4 weeks of a "a decision has been made" and no news of an offer!!

I just need to know if it's a yes or a no!
    You should ring up....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Element54)
    You should ring up....

Believe me, I've had and they just tell me to "try to be patient"

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to be a little more assertive, you have paid £35 for the privilege of applying..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Element54)
    It's a very expensive way of deferring entering the job market, I love sociology so I really don't mind working more and learning new things. What are you goals if you take up the placement?

also, what was your conditional requirement? I probably won't get in, if I need a 1st...

The same thing happened to me! I was accepted but I wont be able to get the grades they are asking for. I dont understand why they are asking for such high grades!

ReputationRep:
    after 4 weeks of a decision has been made... the application has been unsuccesful!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ah man, sorry to hear! they messed up big time somewhere along your app!!

ReputationRep:
    after 4 weeks of a decision has been made... the application has been unsuccesful!!!!!
    Hey Charimito, really sorry to hear that. I hadn't heard of anyone getting rejected after receiving that message. They screwed up big time and after two weeks of waiting around, I'm sure it stings pretty bad. I can't believe you weren't even put on the reserve list after all that. Sorry and better luck with your other applications!

ReputationRep:
    They might still be considering you application, but they are definitely not accepting new apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockalt)
    Hey Charimito, really sorry to hear that. I hadn't heard of anyone getting rejected after receiving that message. They screwed up big time and after two weeks of waiting around, I'm sure it stings pretty bad. I can't believe you weren't even put on the reserve list after all that. Sorry and better luck with your other applications!

Well I guess that unofficially I was on the reserve list, they just never told me!

At least I have some peace of mind now!

ReputationRep:
    what?! first for everything i suppose but sorry it had to be you. better off ringing them and seeing if you are actually rejected, they could possibly have even messed that up. sorry to hear that though man.

ReputationRep:
    I received an unconditional offer for the MSc in Finance. But I think I might not be able to attend this year. Hopefully they'll let me defer my offer to next year...

ReputationRep:
    I did such a rubbish exam today....I don't think I'll meet my conditions, probably just around 1-average mark less. How can I do? Am I still hopeful???

Thx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.