The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You need to click "application status" on the LSE for you site before you can enter the details, pretty straight forward mind.
Reply 121
timmymagic07
You need to click "application status" on the LSE for you site before you can enter the details, pretty straight forward mind.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that but somehow I did. Says my applications is with the department for consideration so I guess I will hear about the decision soon. :indiff:
Reply 122
KMaine
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that but somehow I did. Says my applications is with the department for consideration so I guess I will hear about the decision soon. :indiff:

Ohh dear, you will not hear something from the admissions office any soon just because you have seen the message I have seen for 5 weeks now: " Your application is currently under consideration by the department". :biggrin:

LSE is a different story; It takes them weeks and weeks to make decisions
Fares
Ohh dear, you will not hear something from the admissions office any soon just because you have seen the message I have seen for 5 weeks now: " Your application is currently under consideration by the department". :biggrin:

Terribly inefficient. I really would like to know about how they make their decisions.
Reply 124
What are the things you guys mention in your PS for the GSS? I noticed you can only write up to 4000 characters, so that's not too much... I guess you should tell about your situation at home, motivation to come to LSE, how difficult it would be without support, how studying to LSE would help you to change the world afterwards, etc etc...?

Any suggestions? :-)
Dri
What are the things you guys mention in your PS for the GSS? I noticed you can only write up to 4000 characters, so that's not too much... I guess you should tell about your situation at home, motivation to come to LSE, how difficult it would be without support, how studying to LSE would help you to change the world afterwards, etc etc...?

Any suggestions? :-)

1. Home situation (Finance)
2. Intellectual curiosity for (insert course)
3. Work Experience
4. Value of LSE degree
5. Why finance should not be a hinderance to further studies if one is competent

And so forth.

On another related noted the government department, allegedly, sent out a load of offer/rejection responses today.
Reply 126
Hey guys!

Just got an unconditional offer from LSE!! Good luck with your applications!!!
Reply 127
Fares

Thanks, that's good to know. Having done my undergrad at a small private college in the U.S. I have become accustomed to super efficient communications and I have started to realize this will not be the case with the institutions I'm looking at in the UK (not that the unis in my native Sweden are all that efficient either...).
Reply 128
One more day till LSE shuts its doors for christmas
Reply 129
I got in! Just got a conditional offer with the kindest condition I could expect! No GSS award though, but I hope I'll manage to get the money somehow!

Good luck to everyone!
Fernandez
Hey guys!

Just got an unconditional offer from LSE!! Good luck with your applications!!!

What course?
Reply 131
unknown demon
What course?

I was admitted for the MSc in Political Science and Political Economy
Reply 132
Hey Fernandez, that's my second choice program. I'm also from the U.S. Mind if I ask where you went to school and your GPA? Also when did you submit your application?
Reply 133
Anyone knows whats the criteria of giving out offfers?
as I can see, some of the first hons students got rejected. So is there a limited chance for students who expecting a 2:1?

Anyone going for Management 2 yr course in LSE got offer?

thx
My status changed to a decision has been made and I should hear in the next few days blah blah blah.

Guess I'll have to wait till the new year, LSE graduate admissions close on Monday.

Update: 1.We are pleased to inform you that we have made you an unconditional offer.
Reply 135
Hey everybody!

1. UCL (Engineering)
2. First (predicted)
3. Application sent to the department on 19/12. (the day it closes, damn!)
4. Applied for the MSc in Finance (full time), and MSc in Financial Mathematics (second choice).
5. GRE Score 800/800 Quant, 490/800 Verbal, AWA 5/6.
6. Speak 3 languages
7. I would say my PS was pretty good
8. 1 IBD experience, 1 Retail Banking internship.

What do you think my chances are, im sooo scared...

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 136
My status has changed to: "A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods".

So, I should wait until January to hear from LSE. To those who have been rejected, did your status change to the above-mentioned statement before your rejection?
Reply 137
Fares
My status has changed to: "A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods".

So, I should wait until January to hear from LSE. To those who have been rejected, did your status change to the above-mentioned statement before your rejection?

I think when you get this message, you usually get an offer-they would not have sent it back to the Graduate Admissions department otherwise.

that's my take on it.

Best of luck!
Reply 138
Fernandez
I think when you get this message, you usually get an offer-they would not have sent it back to the Graduate Admissions department otherwise.

that's my take on it.

Best of luck!

Thanks Fernandez!

I googled the message, and it seems to me that all students who got it have invariably been made either conditional or unconditional offers!
LSE closes on Tuesday so till then offers may still come out.

I got an offer for Comparative Politics (Asia). Waiting on the response from the GSS, if not looking at professional loans, CDL etc etc

Latest

Trending

Trending