The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
unknown demon
LSE closes on Tuesday so till then offers may still come out.

I got an offer for Comparative Politics (Asia). Waiting on the response from the GSS, if not looking at professional loans, CDL etc etc

Are you sure? I thought they had closed on Friday 19th.
I spoke to them yesterday, graduate admissions will remain open on Monday and Tuesday. Expect more offers to come out and then the school is closed till the 5th January 2009.
Reply 142
Me too - unoconditional offer for MSc Comparative Politics (Asia).

Sifting through the funding information will require a lot more effort than the degree itself.
Reply 143
Got the same message as Fares today, hopefully they don't reject me just before Christmas!

About me

1. University of Helsinki
2. predicted 4/5 (in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering and Management)
3. application was sent on 11/20
4. applied for International Health Policy (Health Economics stream), no relevant work experience, but I used to study medicine
Has anyone been awarded the GSS; or know anyone who has been awarded the GSS?
Reply 145
Stevog
Anyone got news on the MSc IR or IPE? Sent my application in 8 weeks ago, still waiting...

Yes I am applying for MSc IPE. A decision has been made on my application but it is being processed.
Reply 146
Stevog
Thanks! Did you apply a long time ago? MSc IPE is 2nd choice, so I guess I have to wait till they decide on MSc IR first..:confused:

I applied as soon as they started accepting applications, in mid October, and my application was sent to the department for consideration on 10th November.
Reply 147
Hi,

Just to understand the LSE application process better.

I have noticed a message that appeared on the TrackOnline website after the "decision has been made" message had been posted, and was not there before.

The message is: "General information about accommodation in London can be found here:" followed by an electronic link.

Did any one notice the same thing?
Hi Fares,

I got the same "accommodation in London" message and the link as well. But I don't know whether it appeared after the "decision has been made" message or it has been there all along... never really looked at the page carefully.

Still keeping my fingers crossed. Hope will get a confirmation before Christmas.
Reply 149
I've just looked on my page and it does not have the accommodation in London bit.
Reply 150
Hey guys do you think it would be too late to apply for Comparative Politics-Conflict Resolution and HUman Rights on end of this year, or beginning of 2009? (Around Jan 3rd)??? I think I will just apply for Conflits and HUman Rights. ANy one have any idea? :smile:
Reply 151
You should apply anyway regardless of what ppl reply.
Reply 152
Most universities prefer to receive application end of Dec/early Jan so now is about a good time to apply
eun7117
Hey guys do you think it would be too late to apply for Comparative Politics-Conflict Resolution and HUman Rights on end of this year, or beginning of 2009? (Around Jan 3rd)??? I think I will just apply for Conflits and HUman Rights. ANy one have any idea? :smile:

Just do it, none of us are admissions tutors!
Arghhh, I'm getting obsessive-compulsive today, refreshing the Application Status page once every few minutes!!! Going crazy...
Got a conditional offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no support :frown:(((((((((((((

Well, I'll blame it on the financial crisis.

P.S. I can't believe the condition is upper 2nd class honours. I thought LSE would want a 1st from me.

For those still waiting, all the best!~~~
Reply 156
which program did you apply Clompipramine?? I also have uppser second degree and I'm really worried here :T
I applied for MSc Management and Strategy. What have you applied for eun?
Reply 158
haven't finished with my application, but will apply for human rights/ conflict study. more interested in huma nrights, but not sure if I could get a job after finishing MA :T well even not sure if I could get accepted to human rights program
eun씨 is from Korea? 안녕하세요~~

Are you planning to go back to Korea after completing your MA? If so, you can always work for the government or other NPOs I guess.

Anyway, studying what you like is very important.

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ, in a good mood after getting offer~~

Btw, are you applying to other schools as well?