The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
u also korean?
no dont' want to work for gov, want to work for ngo or think tank ㅋㅋㅋ caz human rights/refugees/security market is too small here.
hope I will land on somewhere next year
Reply 161
Got conditional offer today (unfortunately no GSS) and can't believe it :smile:

Congratulations for all of you with offers and best of luck for those still waiting!!
eun: Nope, learning Korean though. Love the language ^^

Human rights... How's the situation of marginalized people like people with mental disorders and homosexuals in Korea? I heard it's not good at all...

What other schools are you applying for?
napsa: Congrats! What's your course btw?
Reply 164
I have been made a conditional offer for MSc IPE.

The condition is a GPA of at least 3.3, whcih is very achievable.
Reply 165
not so good.......they are discriminated :T
the thing is I'm interested in interantional conflicts/ refugees/ human rights issues....:smile:
hope I could get a job in related field after finishing study.
I'm applying for ten schools :biggrin:
Ahhhhhh, another 6 week wait, just been put on the waiting list. Better than a rejection I suppose. I'd rather get rejected after exams than before. :smile:
Reply 167
Clomipramine:
For International Health Policy (Health Economics stream). The condition is degree with mark 3/5 overall (same as 2:1 I guess).
Congrats for you too :smile:
Still waiting :-/
One question: The GSS box under "current application status" on the tracker was gone for several days and today it's visible again. Anyone experience that too? Any idea if that means something?
Gratulations to all these offers! Hope to join you soon! :-)
Secured GGS. Woohoo.
Do they send another e-mail once the status of an application is changed online? Or did you find out by tracking this on the LSE website?
From the looks of it, the first round of applications for Management related courses was today/tomorrow.
Reply 172
Unconditional offer MSc in Social Anthropology. Probably not the most competitive program to get into but it's what I want to do. Now I'm in at both Oxford and LSE and I'm quite pleased to be presented with these excellent choices. While I would love to live in London, I am leaning toward Oxford right now.

Anyone with experience from LSE's anthro programs who can comment on their experiences?
KMaine
Unconditional offer MSc in Social Anthropology. Probably not the most competitive program to get into but it's what I want to do. Now I'm in at both Oxford and LSE and I'm quite pleased to be presented with these excellent choices. While I would love to live in London, I am leaning toward Oxford right now.

Anyone with experience from LSE's anthro programs who can comment on their experiences?

I don't think you can lose with this one.

Think about these things.

1. The academics who will lecture/teach you at LSE or Oxford?
2. London vs Oxford
3. Financial costs i.e. living expenses, scholarships available etc
4. Any other factors which could swing your decision.

What a dilemma, I don't half envy you.
unknown demon:
Congrats to you for getting both offer and GSS~~
Just PM-ed you. Have some desperate questions. Please check.
Anyone made a facebook group for LSE postgrads yet?
hmm seems I am a bit late with my application...and also still waiting for one reference.

I have a really slow internet connection and navigating the website is difficult. I have looked and looked but can't find a word limit for the personal statement (LLM), is it unlimited? What is the norm? I don't want to write 500 words if 2 pages is the average. I'd appreciate if anyone has any advice..!
Somewhere it says between 2 and 3 pages. Don't think you're that late. I had friends applying in March last year and they got in. Good luck.
ok, great - thanks!
my personal advice is try get your personal statement to one page A4. That is more than enough to get an offer and sound impressive on.

Just think of the numbers applying, you'll stand out more writing something short and concise. Than using up the whole world limit. Make life easier for the admissions tutors.

Latest

Trending

Trending