The Student Room Group

I don’t know which of my options I should go to

I applied for both Cardiff and Liverpool Hope at first thinking I would definitely go to Cardiff, then I went to open days at each, after which I felt more comfortable with Liverpool Hope but I’m now having second thoughts because I know that Cardiff is higher up on the league table. I rang Liverpool Hope clearing and got a place but isn’t confirmed until later today and I’ve yet to decline my Cardiff offer. For me there are pros and cons for both 🙃
Congratulations on having options to consider. As you say there are pros and cons in both.
Talk to your friends and family, and weigh up if what's attracting you now to Liverpool is more important to you than what made you think you wanted Cardiff.
League tables aren't everything. Go with the best fit for you, and best wishes whatever you decide.
Original post by sheikah_stone
I applied for both Cardiff and Liverpool Hope at first thinking I would definitely go to Cardiff, then I went to open days at each, after which I felt more comfortable with Liverpool Hope but I’m now having second thoughts because I know that Cardiff is higher up on the league table. I rang Liverpool Hope clearing and got a place but isn’t confirmed until later today and I’ve yet to decline my Cardiff offer. For me there are pros and cons for both 🙃

It is a decision nobody can make for you. Ignore league tables they are meaningless Go where you prefer.
Original post by sheikah_stone

Hey @sheikah_stone

Congratulations on your options!

There's some great advice in this thread already but you can also have a think about what you're trying to get out of your university experience as a whole, as well as the course your pursuing. If you like the courses equally, it could be as simple as one is an easier journey from home or there are some extra-curricular activities that you could do at one that's not available at the other.

Good luck :smile:

Jack
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
I second what has been put above, choosing a university should be the right fit for you. As much as league tables and results are important, the happier you are in the place you're studying the better your results will be! Whichever has the most pros vs cons and fits your 'vibe' the best is where you will succeed the most.

Try writing down your pros and cons, and my advice is always go with your gut feeling!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending