The Student Room Group

a level resits 2023

I want to resit bio and chem to get A's in both, achieved C's in both today
However, I talked to my school about resitting and after a length conversation they will allow resits but only if I take another subject? e.g. do an AS level in another subject.
I have been really upset as I don't want to waste my time doing a subject that I don't want to do and one that won't benefit me as I already have my third A level in psychology where I got an A, and I have already completed my EPQ last year and got an A*. I don't want to be difficult with my school but is it not counterproductive that they are making me doing something else when I could be using that time to revise for bio and chem? I'm just stressed about it as I don't have the option to be a private candidate as I don't have the money for that. I also asked why they require me to do another subject and they said that it's to do with the governments requirements? Is this true? Anyways I don't really know what to do because it seems like that is the only option but I really don't want to do another subject that won't help me in the slightest, it will only cause me more stress and waste my time.
Original post by qwenifer
However, I talked to my school about resitting and after a length conversation they will allow resits but only if I take another subject? e.g. do an AS level in another subject.
I have been really upset as I don't want to waste my time doing a subject that I don't want to do and one that won't benefit me as I already have my third A level in psychology where I got an A, and I have already completed my EPQ last year and got an A*. I don't want to be difficult with my school but is it not counterproductive that they are making me doing something else when I could be using that time to revise for bio and chem? I'm just stressed about it as I don't have the option to be a private candidate as I don't have the money for that. I also asked why they require me to do another subject and they said that it's to do with the governments requirements? Is this true? Anyways I don't really know what to do because it seems like that is the only option but I really don't want to do another subject that won't help me in the slightest, it will only cause me more stress and waste my time.

Could you consider doing the resits in another school/college?
Reply 2
Original post by albayati
Could you consider doing the resits in another school/college?

I don't know like, I really don't want to because I don't do well in new environments I don't want to stress about that as well as doing my studies, I know it sounds kind of stupid but I don't want that to be an option unless I really have to or if there's nothing else I can do
Original post by qwenifer

Hi, I don't think it's a government rule but it might be a school policy.

If you really can't persuade your school to let you do what you want to do, then it's probably a choice between taking up another AS and looking elsewhere for somewhere to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest