The Student Room Group

Can someone in sfe please reply its urgent

Hi! My Mother sent in her evidence quite late due to problems with her account of the 8th of August. I applied for an appeal on the 13th upon seeing no change as it still says 'ready to be paid' but without evidence I got the minimum despite moving away from home and my accommodation being 1.6k. I have no clue what else to do? Do I wait? Start another application? Is there someone I can contact? I can't confirm my accommodation until I know that my finance can get sorted, I have until the 25th to confirm or deny. PLEASE REPLY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous556
Hi! My Mother sent in her evidence quite late due to problems with her account of the 8th of August. I applied for an appeal on the 13th upon seeing no change as it still says 'ready to be paid' but without evidence I got the minimum despite moving away from home and my accommodation being 1.6k. I have no clue what else to do? Do I wait? Start another application? Is there someone I can contact? I can't confirm my accommodation until I know that my finance can get sorted, I have until the 25th to confirm or deny. PLEASE REPLY

Hi there! I would recommend calling SFE ASAP since they will be able to do more on their phone lines compared to on TSR. Best of luck with calling them!

Hi there,

Yes, you need to wait for the evidence to be processed. Our current processing timescales are approximately 8 working days from the date received, which means that this is expected to be processed by the end of the working day with an update on your account tomorrow.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Yes, you need to wait for the evidence to be processed. Our current processing timescales are approximately 8 working days from the date received, which means that this is expected to be processed by the end of the working day with an update on your account tomorrow.

Thanks, Clare

Okay THANK YOU!!! also can I ask does it tell everyone to reapply when entering your account
@SFE Clare Thank you!!! Also can I ask as soon as I enter my account it has a box at the top which says

"IMPORTANT To make sure you have student finance agreed before the start of your undergraduate course in 2022/23 reapply now"

Is this common for everyone or are they asking me to reapply
(edited 1 year ago)
@SFE Clare Thank you!!! Also can I ask as soon as I enter my account it has a box at the top which says

"IMPORTANT To make sure you have student finance agreed before the start of your undergraduate course in 2022/23 reapply now"

Hi there,

This banner has been applied to all student accounts. You do not need to reapply for funding.

Thanks,
Kristina
Okay THANK YOU!!! also can I ask does it tell everyone to reapply when entering your account

Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Thanks, Clare

Clare I haven't received an update, still no update. What should I do????
Original post by barror1
Hi there! I would recommend calling SFE ASAP since they will be able to do more on their phone lines compared to on TSR. Best of luck with calling them!

Hi @barror1 I've called them and they've told me because of delays cause of clearing I'll most likely get an update on the 29th still no update. I've run out of ideas.
Hi @barror1 I've called them and they've told me because of delays cause of clearing I'll most likely get an update on the 29th still no update. I've run out of ideas.

Don't worry, I've had to deal with SFEs reliability issues before! Try giving the SFE compaints line a call at 0300 100 0601. In my experience it has a significantly shorter wait time, and things *may* be achieved on the call (I'm not giving SFE that much credit though :wink: )

Hi there,

This is just a reminder that shows to everyone. You've already applied, so please ignore this message.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

This is just a reminder that shows to everyone. You've already applied, so please ignore this message.

Thanks, Graeme

Hello Graeme. Thank you. But can I ask if SFE assesses late financial support. I've submitted my financial support but due to problems with my mother's account I've submitted it quite late. There's been no change so how do I know my account is being looked at. I got my amount before submitting my financial support but I've contacted them and they've said I'll get an update on the 30th due to clearing but I finished school last May and confirmed my uni place in march/June.
Hello Graeme. Thank you. But can I ask if SFE assesses late financial support. I've submitted my financial support but due to problems with my mother's account I've submitted it quite late. There's been no change so how do I know my account is being looked at. I got my amount before submitting my financial support but I've contacted them and they've said I'll get an update on the 30th due to clearing but I finished school last May and confirmed my uni place in march/June.

Hi there,

Did your mother upload a PFF2 form? If so, when was this uploaded?

Thanks,
Kristina
Original post by SFE Kristina
Hi there,

Did your mother upload a PFF2 form? If so, when was this uploaded?

Thanks,
Kristina

Yes she did and she uploaded it on the 8th. I called and they said they'll be delays due to clearing so I'll get an update on the 29th 30th at the latest
Yes she did and she uploaded it on the 8th. I called and they said they'll be delays due to clearing so I'll get an update on the 29th 30th at the latest

Thanks for clarifying this.

The timescale may decrease, but we cannot guarantee this.

Thanks,
Kristina
Thanks for clarifying this.

The timescale may decrease, but we cannot guarantee this.

Thanks,
Kristina

What does that mean? I just want to know if my account is being considered or not. Especially since I got the minimum and my single mother cannot support me in anyway. I'm considering dropping out of University cause I don't know if my account is being reconsidered or I'm getting the minimum as I can't afford to move cities and live on my own with just the minimum amount coming from a single mother who works as a cleaner with a bunch of siblings she also has to support.
What does that mean? I just want to know if my account is being considered or not. Especially since I got the minimum and my single mother cannot support me in anyway. I'm considering dropping out of University cause I don't know if my account is being reconsidered or I'm getting the minimum as I can't afford to move cities and live on my own with just the minimum amount coming from a single mother who works as a cleaner with a bunch of siblings she also has to support.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Were you told you were due an update around the 29th-30th of August?

Thanks,
Kristina
Sorry if I was unclear.

Were you told you were due an update around the 29th-30th of August?

Thanks,
Kristina

Yes I was. Still no update. I'm too stressed out honestly.
Yes I was. Still no update. I'm too stressed out honestly.

I recommend that you contact us via live chat, so we can look into this further. You can access live chat via your online account 👉 https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login.

Thanks,
Kristina
I recommend that you contact us via live chat, so we can look into this further. You can access live chat via your online account 👉 https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login.

Thanks,
Kristina

Live chat doesn't work it says there's no financial advisors available. I've been trying for a long time.
Live chat doesn't work it says there's no financial advisors available. I've been trying for a long time.

You can also phone us. Our telephone number is: 0300 100 0607. We recommend contacting us outside the hours 9am-5pm as this is our busiest time. You can find more information about our opening hours here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england.

Thanks,
Kristina

Quick Reply

Latest