Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions hopefully somebody can help me with regarding GDL applications on the Law Cabs site.

Firstly, are the colleges themselves able to see what order of preference they've been placed on the application - or is it done like UCAS, where universities don't know anything about the choices made? If they are, does it matter if they're not first?

Secondly, will the colleges look on me unfavourably if I only put one location? I live near London so it makes more sense to go there for the GDL and commute - should I mention this in the application?

Thanks for any advice!

ReputationRep:
    They can see the order of preference (or else there would be little point in Lawcabs asking you to put them in order).

I don't see why you would think a provider would look on you unfavourably if you only apply to one of their locations (in fact I'd have thought it'd be the opposite as it shows you know what you want).

Anyway, getting a GDL place is easy. They want your money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.