The Student Room Group

Cambridge Resits

Hi,

This year I got AAA and had offers from Manchester and Loughborough but wanted to reapply next year for Cambridge Land Economy which requires A*AA. I really love the course and wish to resit Maths and Economics to get A*s. Will Cambridge look unfavourably upon this during the application process?

Thanks,
Sidney
Original post by Sid Kofi
Hi,

This year I got AAA and had offers from Manchester and Loughborough but wanted to reapply next year for Cambridge Land Economy which requires A*AA. I really love the course and wish to resit Maths and Economics to get A*s. Will Cambridge look unfavourably upon this during the application process?

Thanks,
Sidney

Hi, I think the best place to find this info is in the Cambridge admissions policy, which should be on their website. If you’re still unsure, email Cambridge admissions.
Original post by Sid Kofi
Hi,

Thanks,
Sidney

Hello! I applied to Cambridge as a resit student. Unlike LSE/UCL, Cambridge does consider resit students. I ended up getting an interview, hence your application probably won't be thrown out for that reason. However, bear in mind that, should they invite you, they will likely ask at interview why you're resitting.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Ahlawy74
Hello! I applied to Cambridge as a resit student. Unlike LSE/UCL, Cambridge does consider resit students. I ended up getting an interview, hence your application probably won't be thrown out for that reason. However, bear in mind that, should they invite you, they will likely ask at interview why you're resitting.

Hi,

Thank you so much for this! Yes, I expect it to be mentioned in the interview but I have a fairly valid reason why.

Thanks once again,
Sidney

Quick Reply