The Student Room Group

A level photography to college photography difference

How is college photography course different from an A level photography course. I have just finished first year of sixth form and I don’t like it and want to go to college but I’m nervous I’m not sure what to expect. I definitely want to pursue a career in photography . I know sixth form is not right for me I want to be doing photography only and not 2 other subjects , but someone help with things to expect for a level3 photography course?
I’m kinda doing the same thing as you. Really wasn’t enjoying sixth form so now I’m going to do Level 3 in early years Education at college. No idea what to expect and I’m really nervous
Original post by WillowGW
I’m kinda doing the same thing as you. Really wasn’t enjoying sixth form so now I’m going to do Level 3 in early years Education at college. No idea what to expect and I’m really nervous

its so comforting knowing that you’re not alone and someone else is in the same boat as you. I’ve asked for a transfer but waiting for a replaying from the course leader but if I’m not allowed a transfer I don’t mind repeating that extra year. Anything that’s not sixthform I’ll go to honestly hated my year doing A levels so draining specially when it’s only one subject you want to do that you live and breathe with.
Original post by Lucy rowland
its so comforting knowing that you’re not alone and someone else is in the same boat as you. I’ve asked for a transfer but waiting for a replaying from the course leader but if I’m not allowed a transfer I don’t mind repeating that extra year. Anything that’s not sixthform I’ll go to honestly hated my year doing A levels so draining specially when it’s only one subject you want to do that you live and breathe with.

Yeah! I only applied for college yesterday 🥲 but I’ve already been told by them I’ll know by Monday ( but there’s no retthey won’t accept me)
Kinda anxious tho because I’m gonna be a year older than everyone in the class so I’ve got no idea what to expect. Just glad I don’t have to go back to sixth form. Worst experience of my life
Yeah! I only applied for college yesterday 🥲 but I’ve already been told by them I’ll know by Monday ( but there’s no retthey won’t accept me)
Kinda anxious tho because I’m gonna be a year older than everyone in the class so I’ve got no idea what to expect. Just glad I don’t have to go back to sixth form. Worst experience of my life

Yess 110% feel you!!! But then again with the age difference thing I feel like when we get started we will fit in and blend in like in my sixthform there was some people in y13 and 14 IN THE SAME CLASS AS ME but nobody pointed it out like none of us y12s cared tbh. End of the day we are there to do one job which is get our qualifications so it’ll be fine in due time trust.
GOOD LUCK THO hope you find happiness with college this time round because honestly I’m scared what if it’s the same experience it worse then what do I do🫠hopefully it works out for the both of us 🤞🏽
Original post by Lucy rowland
Yess 110% feel you!!! But then again with the age difference thing I feel like when we get started we will fit in and blend in like in my sixthform there was some people in y13 and 14 IN THE SAME CLASS AS ME but nobody pointed it out like none of us y12s cared tbh. End of the day we are there to do one job which is get our qualifications so it’ll be fine in due time trust.
GOOD LUCK THO hope you find happiness with college this time round because honestly I’m scared what if it’s the same experience it worse then what do I do🫠hopefully it works out for the both of us 🤞🏽

Hope you do to! You’ll have to let me know how your first week goes when we get back to school!
Hope you do to! You’ll have to let me know how your first week goes when we get back to school!

Yess same goes to you babe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending