The Student Room Group

What the hell is going on with my UCAS?

I've been trying for 10 (ten) hours to access my application, all day it has just given me error messages. I haven't been unable to accept my application. I called UCAS and they told me to wait because of 'volume', despite me telling them that nobody I know has had this issue. now it has finally loaded and it just says "sent processing" like it has for the last few months. There's nothing to do with any offers now.

Has UCAS just stopped me from going to uni by giving me wrong information and not helping me?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Byebyby
I've been trying for 10 (ten) hours to access my application, all day it has just given me error messages. I haven't been unable to accept my application. I called UCAS and they told me to wait because of 'volume', despite me telling them that nobody I know has had this issue. now it has finally loaded and it just says "sent processing" like it has for the last few months. There's nothing to do with any offers now.

Has UCAS just stopped me from going to uni by giving me wrong information and not helping me?

You’re going to need to send screenshots to UCAS via dm on social media to get them to understand the problem and solve it.
Original post by Byebyby

Did you get the grades you needed?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
You’re going to need to send screenshots to UCAS via dm on social media to get them to understand the problem and solve it.

If i'm right and UCAS has just cost me, is there anything I can do legally? Maybe get my £26.50 back?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Did you get the grades you needed?

yes but you have to accept the offer on ucas, no?
Reply 5
it's literally just this now
Original post by Byebyby
it's literally just this now

When did you submit your 2022 ucas application?

Are you applying through a centre or as an individual?

Have you had any provisional clearing offers from universities that you’ve spoken to?
Reply 8

I haven't been able to look at any of that, i've been getting errors all day. I haven't been able to access the application box on the hub, I called UCAS and they literally just didn't help me, although they did say its unconditional from leeds
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
When did you submit your 2022 ucas application?

Are you applying through a centre or as an individual?

Have you had any provisional clearing offers from universities that you’ve spoken to?

I appled in May, perhaps even earlier, through school. I've spoken to no universities about clearing
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Byebyby
I appled in May, through school. I've spoken to no universities about clearing

You need to speak to your school.

Your application is waiting for them to send it to ucas.

Why haven’t you called any universities about clearing spaces? You don’t need a ucas application to make a phone call.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Byebyby
I haven't been able to look at any of that, i've been getting errors all day. I haven't been able to access the application box on the hub, I called UCAS and they literally just didn't help me

Did you go into school? They can see decisions.
Reply 12
Original post by Muttley79
Did you go into school? They can see decisions.

i got my grades from school, i wasn't aware ucas wasn't going to work for me, i've been trying all day but now its just ****ed. I supposedly have an unconditional thats what the ucas caller said. But I can't do anything or make any decisions or confirm anything. Now it's gone and it just says "sent processing"
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
They 100% sent it. i got an email from leeds beckett saying I got the results for it.

Original post by PQ
You need to speak to your school.

Your application is waiting for them to send it to ucas.

Why haven’t you called any universities about clearing spaces? You don’t need a ucas application to make a phone call.
Original post by Byebyby
They 100% sent it. i got an email from leeds beckett saying I got the results for it.

Then you need to send screenshots (of this and your email from lbu) to UCAS via dm on social media.
Sometimes its worth trying a different browser - UCAS doesnt work well with Edge and is better with Chrome.
Reply 16
Original post by McGinger
Sometimes its worth trying a different browser - UCAS doesnt work well with Edge and is better with Chrome.

im on chrome. edge and chrome is the same
Reply 17
Have you ever seen anything like this before ever?
Original post by PQ
Then you need to send screenshots (of this and your email from lbu) to UCAS via dm on social media.
Original post by Byebyby
Have you ever seen anything like this before ever?

This is the first year of the ucas hub.

There’s been problems all year with different aspects.
Reply 19
Original post by PQ
This is the first year of the ucas hub.

There’s been problems all year with different aspects.

I'm stressed out like crazy, how long do universities usually give you to accept an offer if you've met their conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending