The Student Room Group

Re-sitting a-levels whilst on an apprenticeship

I have completely failed all 3 of my a-levels, now I plan on re-sitting them whilst on an apprenticeship. Is this possible? My reason for doing so is, I plan on using the apprenticeship as back up UCAS points in the event that I still get below the grades I need for whatever course I decide I want to do in university. On the other hand, if I do end up getting my desired grades, I will leave my apprenticeship knowing that I've also had 1 year of relevant work experience on the uni course I'll take. I know re-sitting is doable and so is leaving an apprenticeship midway, however, I'm not so sure if I can do both.
I think it would be very hard, to give your all at work, or at least enough that you don't get the sack, while completing the qualification associated with the apprenceship, and doing 3 A Levels at the same time, actually I would say that's impossible.
Perhaps i havn't taken into account how strenuous an apprenticeship could be, however, bearing in mind that the majority of the content of my alevels i have already learnt, i assume i would be at a great advantage. Nonetheless if we were to ignore the difficulty of this scenario, is this something actually possible to do, or is re-sitting a-levels as well as attending an apprenticeship mutually exclusive?
Original post by Master0fReality
I think it would be very hard, to give your all at work, or at least enough that you don't get the sack, while completing the qualification associated with the apprenceship, and doing 3 A Levels at the same time, actually I would say that's impossible.
hi, i’m planning on doing the same thing. i’ve secured myself an apprenticeship and i plan to study weekends and evenings for the summer 2023 exams.
Original post by Zabaljareege
Perhaps i havn't taken into account how strenuous an apprenticeship could be, however, bearing in mind that the majority of the content of my alevels i have already learnt, i assume i would be at a great advantage. Nonetheless if we were to ignore the difficulty of this scenario, is this something actually possible to do, or is re-sitting a-levels as well as attending an apprenticeship mutually exclusive?

i personally think it’s possible.
Have u managed to find a place to resit yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending