Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've started at Next last Sunday as a Christmas Temp, and I'm in the stockroom. I applied for Menswear but obviouly didn't get it. When she offered the stockroom job, I kind of panicked and took it, even though I hate not seeing people and being stuck in a big warehouse(y) kind of place.

Yesterday I was called to let me know I have an interview with River Island this Friday. I don't know what to say if they ask questions like:

Are you employed at the moment? / Do you have any retail experience/ When can you start?

I don't want to say "Yeah, I started in next, I don't like it." It gives the impression that I'm unreliable and I fear it'll go against me in the interview. I want to work on shop floor. How can I explain all of this in my interview without me looking like an indecisive person?

Also if anybody knows, what is the pay for a 19 year old at River Island and how much discount?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.