The Student Room Group

Choosing a Msc psychology course

I have just finished my bachelors degree and am interested in doing a Msc in Psychology but I'm not sure where to do it. I'd prefer to start before September 2023 but all of September 2022 courses have now closed. Does anyone know of a good Msc programme starting before September 2023? I'd prefer to start in January 2023. I'd like to do a course that lasts between 1 and 2 years and online, not in person. Also it depends on the cost as I'd need student finance. Is anyone doing a Msc programme or will be starting soon? How did you make your choice? Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Do you already have a BSc in Psychology, or are you looking at a "conversion" MSc.

Most importantly - what do you want to do when you qualify?
Reply 2
Original post by Pickaname
Do you already have a BSc in Psychology, or are you looking at a "conversion" MSc.

Most importantly - what do you want to do when you qualify?

I have a bachelors degree in Education Studies not psychology. I'm looking for a conversion course. I want to work in mental health for children, especially kids with autism, ADHD etc.
Original post by RobsF02
I have a bachelors degree in Education Studies not psychology. I'm looking for a conversion course. I want to work in mental health for children, especially kids with autism, ADHD etc.

The BPS website will show the appropriate conversion courses that meet their basic registration requirements. Also, have a look at the career section of the site to plot a route to your final career goal.
Original post by RobsF02
I have just finished my bachelors degree and am interested in doing a Msc in Psychology but I'm not sure where to do it. I'd prefer to start before September 2023 but all of September 2022 courses have now closed. Does anyone know of a good Msc programme starting before September 2023? I'd prefer to start in January 2023. I'd like to do a course that lasts between 1 and 2 years and online, not in person. Also it depends on the cost as I'd need student finance. Is anyone doing a Msc programme or will be starting soon? How did you make your choice? Thanks!

@RobsF02 The Psychology MSc conversion at Arden University which is fully accredited with the BPS might interest you. My background was a sociology degree and a few years teaching Education Studies, and I did the course 100% online, although blended learning options and a variety of start dates are available https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/postgraduate/masters/msc-psychology-bps For a mark of quality, check the Universities report with the QAA (a bit like Ofsted) and the Teaching Excellence Framework report, both readily available online

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest