Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bit stuck on question on page 408 of the "A Level Business Studies for AQA" book by Anderton.

On the Ryanair case study it asks you to say 2 possible objectives that a trade union would have when dealing with Ryanair.....now i have only had like 1 lesson on trade unions etc and we never learnt about their objectives so i'm not too sure on what i should be writing here.

Anything help would be great

Casey:confused:

ReputationRep:
    increase pay
    better working conditions
    increase or better training

those are 3 that spring to mind quickly

ReputationRep:
    Less working hours, and ensure that any of the members of the Union gets sacked.

Trade Unions are close to the worst thing in the world

ReputationRep:
    depends who u are

ReputationRep:
    Trade Union Representatives are people who can speak to the employers of a company in order to negotiate conditions for the workers, and these conditions will be in the workers best interest.

Simply look at your case study, find the parts that talk about how the workers are feeling in respect of their job, and simply give objectives based on what these workers want. E.g. Objective to establish an agreement with the employer for better working conditions (but be specific for application).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2008
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.