The Student Room Group

Do you think its time to think about marriage?

I’ve entered my 20’s and I am in my early 20’s, most people in my religion/culture get married in their mid 20s or late 20s. Do you think I should start thinking about marriage?
Reply 1
Are you in a relationship with someone where you both love each other enough to get married?
No I haven’t even met anyone
Original post by Anon346775
I’ve entered my 20’s and I am in my early 20’s, most people in my religion/culture get married in their mid 20s or late 20s. Do you think I should start thinking about marriage?

I think we can safely say no given the lack of a partner.
Original post by Anon346775

How can marriage even be considered knowing you ain’t in a relationship, neither lack of partner. I’m in a relationship at the moment, with my partner we both love each other enough that we’ve even said we’d love to get married but have put marriage talks on hold/plan for a time until it’s right for her.
Marriage is a big commitment. It can also be difficult sometimes as all marriages will require you to make some compromises and consider your spouse's point of view. When/if children appear then this is a whole new level of responsibility and extra work.

You have time now to just be you and enjoy spending your spare time on things you enjoy doing.

Later on, take your time when choosing a life partner.
No.
Particularly not when you have no savings, no partner and no paid employment.
Nor access to a regular source of income from a family trust or any other stable source outside of the state welfare system and little prospect of obtaining any within the next few years.
Reply 7
Rules to reduce the risk of a messy divorce = age >25, together >5 years, lived together > 2 years, before getting married
If you can't even look after your own hygiene, how do you expect to cope with a relationship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending