Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me get something clear: well I'm applying for psychology 2009 entry and I'm wondering if it's true that Sheffield will accept general studies as part of their typical offer of AAB? Do they specify which grade you would need to get General Studies in e.g. you would need to get the 2 As in 2 'proper' subjects but will only accept the B in general studies? I do 3 other subjects as well as general studies by the way.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It is true.
    Say you were being made an offer for English lit., they might state something like AAB (inc. A in English lit.). If the offer doesn't say anything like that, it doesn't matter what grade is in what subject.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's generally accepted at Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, General Studies would definately be counted as one of your two A's if you got an A in it.
    Someone in my flat got onto Psychology like that this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Yes, General Studies would definately be counted as one of your two A's if you got an A in it.
    Someone in my flat got onto Psychology like that this year!
    Really?

Is he/she enjoying their course? Do you/he/she have any idea how lenient sheffield is with grades for psychology?

I'm predicted ABBB including gen studies, I don't know if I have any chance of the admissions tutors giving me an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic Tears)
    Really?

Is he/she enjoying their course? Do you/he/she have any idea how lenient sheffield is with grades for psychology?

I'm predicted ABBB including gen studies, I don't know if I have any chance of the admissions tutors giving me an offer
    I'm not sure how lenient admissions are but the standard offer is definately AAB so whether they will give you one with lower predicted grades I'm not sure.
    She is enjoying the course I think, but the strange thing about first year Psychology here is that only 60 of the 120 credits are Psychology modules so you have to pick lots of options from different departments. Its worth bearing that in mind...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.