Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i've seen more and more people do this, has walking with a limp become fashionable? most of the people that do this look like hip hoppers is it part of the culture or what? my friend told me they do it to pretend they've been shot in the leg lol, are there any other explanations?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but this chinese dude keeps walking into lectures with a limp. I'm 160% sure that he walks without a limp when I see him out of lectures but when he walks into a lecture he always walks with a limp. At which point, I have to lol.

ReputationRep:
    :tumble: well this is tsr, probably not as common in posh areas and private schools.

edit: oh mastermind, yeah i'm also certain they're putting it on.

ReputationRep:
    I walk with a limp because I hurt my leg two days ago.

ReputationRep:
    i think it follows a general trend. when ever girls take medication they like to do it infront of everybody to get the attention. maybe this is similar.

ReputationRep:
    They do it because Greg House does it! Or maybe that's just me... *whistles*
    Nah, I have no idea why people do it, in my area practically every boy I see does it, maybe they think it makes them irresistable to females or something?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they do this back in the ends. They think it's a babe magnet. Er, I actually have no idea why this is done.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hamster33)
    when ever girls take medication they like to do it infront of everybody to get the attention.
    they do? which girls do this? I've never done this

ReputationRep:
    Cos dey think dey is black.

The whole reason people use to limp is to respect the slaves who had be shackled and often the shackles cut through there flesh and hit the bone. But nowadays its "cool"

Also for any guy that wears his trousers down to his knees, you should know that in prison that is a sign that ur someones biatch...

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone putting on a limp. There's this chinese guy in my physics class who has one but I'm pretty sure it's genuine.

ReputationRep:
    I do it but only because I have problems with my knees. And I'm less likely to trip over too.

ReputationRep:
    I limp cause unfortunantly I suffered an infarction to my leg several years back, I nearly had it amputated. Luckily though that wasn't necessary, so I'm on Vicodin for the pain, and I have a cane to help me walk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I limp cause unfortunantly I suffered an infarction to my leg several years back, I nearly had it amputated. Luckily though that wasn't necessary, so I'm on Vicodin for the pain, and I have a cane to help me walk
    Haha, I was literally like "How strange, that is just like House".

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    Haha, I was literally like "How strange, that is just like House".

:cool:
    True story...

ReputationRep:
    i limp sometimes cos im hypermobile and my legs hurt for no apparent reason!

its not good though because one day i could be limping on one leg and the next day ill be limping from the other leg (and the next day maybe ill have my wrist strapped up or maybe my elbows will hurt etc.) - so people often think im a massive hypochondriac!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I don't know but this chinese dude keeps walking into lectures with a limp. I'm 160% sure that he walks without a limp when I see him out of lectures but when he walks into a lecture he always walks with a limp. At which point, I have to lol.
    :rofl:

That's hilarious!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.