Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How long should I leave henna on for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've read lots of things and been told by lots of people that you need to leave henna on for several hours in order to have an effect. But I bought some henna today and it says to leave it on for only an hour...

Should I stick to what the packet says or leave it on for longer? I'm pretty sure it's real henna and I don't want to take it off too soon and end up with the same colour hair I started with. Can anyone help please?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean... same colour hair

ReputationRep:
    My natural colour... dark brown...

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Henna for fake tattoos?

ReputationRep:
    Just do what the packet says

ReputationRep:
    Have you put the henna on your skin or hair?

If you've put it on your skin, leave it on until it becomes dry and crumbly and starts falling off itself. Then if you want it darker still, sprinkle some water over the henna to dampen it.

If you've put it on your hair follow the instructions on the packet. Henna usually continues to get darker even after having taken it off.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I should have put that it was for my hair. Yeah I dyed my hair with it. And thanks everyone. :]

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.