Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

I applied for Dunelm around 2 weeks ago. Problem was, the recruitment manager had 2 weeks off so she arrived back in work yesterday and rang me today. She asked me whether I was still interested in employment - I said yes - she told me to attend the interview on Friday. I've already been to two interviews and both were unsuccessful. The Sainsbury's one provided me with no questions referring to "Why would you like to work here?" etc. it was more of sitting at a desk with two employee interviewers asking me questions and then myself choosing the appropriate and inappropriate approach to the question. McDonalds was a bit weird. The interviewer looked really clumsy and while writing notes to what I was saying, it was if she didn't want to be there. The questions asked were questions which can be related to the pinned topic helping you what to say and to expect in interviews. I used that approach and still failed. Is there any help maybe someone has or some tips on how to stay focused and how not to be nervous. I've got butterflies already lol and I already know what to expect. It's not that frightening. But I still got butterflies lol. I'm not a weirdo. I consider myself to be very genuine and intellectual. Why the other employers did not employ me is a mystery.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Call them up and ask for some feedback. Also, there's a useful interviews sticky at the top of the forum that can give you some good tips

ReputationRep:
    It's not unusual to be rejected by two or more companies.. you can't expect to just get an interview just because you are 'intellectual'. I dunno, you sound quite pompous if i'm honest - maybe that's why?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not pompous. I haven't got my head up my arse if that's what you mean. If anything, the people who interviewed me in the two different jobs were very arrogant. And to be honest, I didn't really want to work in those places. I'm not rich. I really need experience and maybe some money so I can get a car although I wont mention "needing money" in an interview. I'm 17. Applied for loads of jobs. Only received two interviews and both rejected me. In interviews I'm scared as hell. I don't think it shows in my speech though. I'm not 100% sure. Third time lucky?

ReputationRep:
    Passed the interview. Induction Monday. Start Tuesday. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    well done!!

ReputationRep:
    i know it was some time ago but what was the interview like in the end? what questions were you asked??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.