The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accommodation offer

The offer is more than my sfe do I reject it?
Original post by Anonymous
The offer is more than my sfe do I reject it?

Hey!

Well done on your offer, sorry it's not what you expected with your student finance. Did you apply for the accommodation in line with your budget?

This is totally up to you and dependent on your financial situation of course. You could get in touch with the accommodation team to see what other options there are available and if there are any cheaper ones left. You can call them on 0118 200 5011 or email [email protected] and they will be happy to go through your options with you.

Also, we have a team dedicated to helping with issues such as finance at the university, who may be helpful. You can contact them on +44 (0) 118 378 5555 or email [email protected] with your concerns and they will help you figure out what the best way to move forward with your money is.

It's obviously completely your decision and only you know the amount of student finance you've been awarded. If not, I would suggest definitely speaking to the accommodation and student funding teams to discuss your options as they will be the best people to know what would normally happen in this situation.

Try not to worry about it though - this is quite common and the university is there to help you where possible.

Hope this is helpful in some way, but do let us know if you have any other questions or worries. I hope you find your best solution soon!

Skye :smile:
2nd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
I’m trying to get my sfe reassessed I called that number but it was busy so I emailed them but still haven’t heard back have till Sunday to accept or reject the offer
Original post by Anonymous
I’m trying to get my sfe reassessed I called that number but it was busy so I emailed them but still haven’t heard back have till Sunday to accept or reject the offer

Hey,

Sorry the number was busy when you called. Did you get a reply after?
Did you mean you have until today or next Sunday? Sorry this is stressful for you but I would definitely advise you to speak to them tomorrow if you can, as they will want to help you if they can.
If you reject the offer, you won't be able to change your mind, however there may be other options they can offer you so definitely speak to the accommodation team when you can. Alternatively, there's also private accommodation just slightly off campus that may be cheaper if you'd like to look into that? You can find out more about what options there are on our website here which many students use and love too, so this could be another option!

Unfortunately, I don't have many answers myself I'm afraid as I am not linked to the accommodation team or funding etc. and as it's the weekend, I can't get in touch with them either so understand I'm not much help at the moment, but if there's anything we can do, please let us know and I can try and point you in the right direction if I can.

Hope it all works out soon!

Skye :smile:
2nd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest