The Student Room Group

How to open a Santander Student account?

Hello, guys. Yesterday, I was accepted in Arts University Bournemouth and now I am trying to open a student bank account. I went over a few banks and Santander is the best option for me.
The problem is that only BU is listed in the application form. Has anybody from AUB managed to open a student account with me? If yes, can you tell me how you did that?
P.S. I went to a branch to ask for help, but they declined. I cannot contact customer service because I am not their client and the bot from the chat cannot connect me with an agent...
Original post by kei_kei_mei
Hello, guys. Yesterday, I was accepted in Arts University Bournemouth and now I am trying to open a student bank account. I went over a few banks and Santander is the best option for me.
The problem is that only BU is listed in the application form. Has anybody from AUB managed to open a student account with me? If yes, can you tell me how you did that?
P.S. I went to a branch to ask for help, but they declined. I cannot contact customer service because I am not their client and the bot from the chat cannot connect me with an agent...

Hi!

I opened an account with Santander in my first year (I changed to NatWest in my second as it was more convenient and I would use more of their student benefits). I'm pretty sure I did it all online and you just fill in a form to open an account with them and then it will ask what sort of account (so you would put student). Then you just have to fill in some details to prove you will be a student, which means filling in your UCAS number etc.
You should be able to contact customer services though.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending