Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone live in Cheshire?
    Apparently there was a suspected bomb threat on the silk road in the tythy Mcdonalds about 2 hours ago?
    It would explain the bad traffic and the huge amount of police cars.
    But why would anyone want to bomb Mcdonalds?!

ReputationRep:
    To get rid of all the chavs?

Is it a busy place?

That maybe why

And personally I'm not a fan of Mcd's

ReputationRep:
    No me neither..
    But theres been a bomb squad and everything.
    And when I say bad traffic.. it took me 90 minutes to do a 5 minute journey.
    All seems a bit radical for Cheshire?!

ReputationRep:
    One less McDonalds would be a good thing.

(Original post by bex91)
    No me neither..
    But theres been a bomb squad and everything.
    And when I say bad traffic.. it took me 90 minutes to do a 5 minute journey.
    All seems a bit radical for Cheshire?!
    Hmm

Yea I've never heard anything happen in Cheshire on the mews or anything before

Then again there was a nail bomb in Exeter not so long ago, there has never been anything there before that (its usually quite plesent there)

What can I say, the world is changing

ReputationRep:
    haha i was stuck in the silk road traffic.

obviously some kids playing a prank

ReputationRep:
    quite possibly someone just left a bag in there and they weren't taking any chances

ReputationRep:
    There are bomb 'scares' everywhere all the time. It's just the age we live in. I'd be far more concerned that a bomb would explode if there was not a bomb threat - terrorists these days don't give warnings (the Koran preaches death to unbelievers - not political unrest which the IRA sought)

Realistically these days any actual bombing will be in London. Just as easy a target and far more damaging than a rural McDonalds. I always find it shocking how easy it would really be to kill thousands for anyone remotely determined - so many terrorists get it fundamentally wrong! Luckily for everyone else I'm a capitalist atheist.

ReputationRep:
    He was probably upset he couldn't get a McArabia.

(Original post by dpb23)
    There are bomb 'scares' everywhere all the time. It's just the age we live in. I'd be far more concerned that a bomb would explode if there was not a bomb threat - terrorists these days don't give warnings (the Koran preaches death to unbelievers - not political unrest which the IRA sought)

Realistically these days any actual bombing will be in London. Just as easy a target and far more damaging than a rural McDonalds. I always find it shocking how easy it would really be to kill thousands for anyone remotely determined - so many terrorists get it fundamentally wrong! Luckily for everyone else I'm a capitalist atheist.
    This thread is over a year old. Please take note of the post dates before posting.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.