Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone live in Cheshire?
    Apparently there was a suspected bomb threat on the silk road in the tythy Mcdonalds about 2 hours ago?
    It would explain the bad traffic and the huge amount of police cars.
    But why would anyone want to bomb Mcdonalds?!

ReputationRep:
    To get rid of all the chavs?

Is it a busy place?

That maybe why

And personally I'm not a fan of Mcd's

ReputationRep:
    No me neither..
    But theres been a bomb squad and everything.
    And when I say bad traffic.. it took me 90 minutes to do a 5 minute journey.
    All seems a bit radical for Cheshire?!

ReputationRep:
    One less McDonalds would be a good thing.

(Original post by bex91)
    No me neither..
    But theres been a bomb squad and everything.
    And when I say bad traffic.. it took me 90 minutes to do a 5 minute journey.
    All seems a bit radical for Cheshire?!
    Hmm

Yea I've never heard anything happen in Cheshire on the mews or anything before

Then again there was a nail bomb in Exeter not so long ago, there has never been anything there before that (its usually quite plesent there)

What can I say, the world is changing

ReputationRep:
    haha i was stuck in the silk road traffic.

obviously some kids playing a prank

ReputationRep:
    quite possibly someone just left a bag in there and they weren't taking any chances

ReputationRep:
    There are bomb 'scares' everywhere all the time. It's just the age we live in. I'd be far more concerned that a bomb would explode if there was not a bomb threat - terrorists these days don't give warnings (the Koran preaches death to unbelievers - not political unrest which the IRA sought)

Realistically these days any actual bombing will be in London. Just as easy a target and far more damaging than a rural McDonalds. I always find it shocking how easy it would really be to kill thousands for anyone remotely determined - so many terrorists get it fundamentally wrong! Luckily for everyone else I'm a capitalist atheist.

ReputationRep:
    He was probably upset he couldn't get a McArabia.

(Original post by dpb23)
    There are bomb 'scares' everywhere all the time. It's just the age we live in. I'd be far more concerned that a bomb would explode if there was not a bomb threat - terrorists these days don't give warnings (the Koran preaches death to unbelievers - not political unrest which the IRA sought)

Realistically these days any actual bombing will be in London. Just as easy a target and far more damaging than a rural McDonalds. I always find it shocking how easy it would really be to kill thousands for anyone remotely determined - so many terrorists get it fundamentally wrong! Luckily for everyone else I'm a capitalist atheist.
    This thread is over a year old. Please take note of the post dates before posting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.