The Student Room Group

What’s Uni of Warwick like - socially?

Really wanted Manchester but ended up with Warwick and now I’m nervous that A) I’m gonna end up with no friends and B) Dead motives. I actually feel like I belong at Bristol/Manny/UAL to some extent lol, so will I fit in to Warwick?! What shall I expect?
Original post by Anonymous
Really wanted Manchester but ended up with Warwick and now I’m nervous that A) I’m gonna end up with no friends and B) Dead motives. I actually feel like I belong at Bristol/Manny/UAL to some extent lol, so will I fit in to Warwick?! What shall I expect?

Hi!

A great way to know what a uni's social life is like is to look at their social media accounts and compare them. This includes looking at their union, sports teams and societies pages too. See if the uni hold any events and that sort of thing throughout the year and not just freshers.
I found the best way to make friends while at university was to join a society/sports team. I made more friends here than I did on my course, just because there isn't much time to get to know people in lectures or seminars, whereas on a sports team you've got that social setting.
If you really wanted to go to another university, it is important to go through clearing ASAP as the spaces will be taken up quickly this time of year.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
you'll still make friends lol, there's flat parties around freshers week but other than that plenty of club nights bothon campus and nearby in Leamington Spa. And yeah checking out the clubs and societies is a good way to get a social life, there's circling events for lots of those so it's a great way to meet people. Whether you're introverted or extroverted doesn't really matter because Warwick does a pretty good job pairing you up witj similar people in your accoms so I'm sure you'll get on with them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending