The Student Room Group

maintenance loans living with grandparents on pensions

since my parents' death, i have lived with my grandparents who have both now retired and living through pensions. i want to go to uni, but i'm really unsure as to if i'm going to be able to apply for the maintenance loans ??
no one else has gone to uni in my family so it's been really hard to find information, my apologies if this is actually a really simple, and stupid question
Original post by poderosoravioli
since my parents' death, i have lived with my grandparents who have both now retired and living through pensions. i want to go to uni, but i'm really unsure as to if i'm going to be able to apply for the maintenance loans ??
no one else has gone to uni in my family so it's been really hard to find information, my apologies if this is actually a really simple, and stupid question

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your parents.

When you apply for funding, you should upload a letter explaining the situation, as well as copies of the death certificates. Once we've received these, we will assess you as an independent student, which means we won't require your grandparents' details.

Thanks,
Kristina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending