Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was out yesterday, got talking to some guys while slightly intoxicated, and the subject of dishwashers came up. I have a bit of a reputation for doing crazy bets. So, to cut a long story short, I have been challenged to go in a dishwasher and stay in it for one full cycle, with the door shut and everything. There is a lot of money riding on this bet (400 quid minimum), so I'm definately up for it.

I made sure it was a 30C cycle, and that there was no detergent added, as I don't want scalded. And that the racks for dishes are removed, as otherwise I won't fit in.

I imagine it's going to be like a sauna, but colder, and pitch black. I also might get cramp because a dishwasher cycle takes an hour or so. But, what I wonder is, are dishwashers airtight? Because I don't want to sufficate. I may attach an airhose to the outside to allow me to breathe if this is the case. Also, how hot does a dishwasher get on the drying bit? Dishes always seem really hot when they come out.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    How would you fit inside it?

ReputationRep:
    Surely you will get hit by the rotating things that spray water?

And the drying phase creates steam - you might die as it should be quite hot.

:lolwut:

Rather you than me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really, really..don't do it..:doh:

ReputationRep:
    the rotating things are only span round by the water, so you can just hold them still easily. Get in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    How would you fit inside it?
    by taking the racks out as pointed out by the op

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v1W1jIxWNPs

ReputationRep:
    Well, you'll need a big dishwasher for a start. How about one of them industrial size dishwashers you will find in a resturant. Oh, yeah, this bet would be awesome. Do it, record it and youtube it.

ReputationRep:
    This is a joke, right? You're not actually considering putting yourself in a dishwasher whilst it's on?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, although you seem to have thought this through, it is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. If you do it anyway, post a video.

ReputationRep:
    omgggggg
    don't do itttttt!!!

ReputationRep:
    Legendary!

Is there such a thing as a 30 degree setting, mine doesnt have it.

The actual water spraying wouldnt be that bad but the drying phase might be quite hot
    (Original post by abc101)
    This is a joke, right? You're not actually considering putting yourself in a dishwasher whilst it's on?
    (Original post by crrrrrash)
    omgggggg
    don't do itttttt!!!
    Dont discourage the lad

ReputationRep:
    you could get around this by setting it to rinse only, that way you only get the water and not the steam, the steam bit is really not a good idea to sit through, you'll just burn.
    when trying to set it to rinse only make sure you don't set it to extra rinse, because that'll just prolong the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    the dishwashers at my work are supposed to be 90 degrees C for the drying cycle

ReputationRep:
    lmao do it !!! do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    by taking the racks out as pointed out by the op
    Even if they took out my parent's dishwasher's racks I still doubt I could fit inside it, and I'm not even the bulkiest of guys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I can assure you, it's not a joke. I would make sure I had a method of getting out if it became unbearable. Can the drying cycle on a dishwasher be disabled? I imagine there must be some kind of heater in there to dry it, just cut it out?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :rofl:

This has really brightened my day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v1W1jIxWNPs
    hahahahahaha.

someone should show this to that guy who wants to ban alcohol

hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    :rofl:

This has really brightened my day.
    Same, OP you can't be serious

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.