Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the people who you made the bet with obviously dont like you.

ReputationRep:
    do they not fill up with water? you might drown :eek:

ReputationRep:
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/dishwasher.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    I can assure you, it's not a joke. I would make sure I had a method of getting out if it became unbearable. Can the drying cycle on a dishwasher be disabled? I imagine there must be some kind of heater in there to dry it, just cut it out?
    I just checked out my dishwasher, and we have just a rinse setting, so that would be ideal, although the lowest temperature is 50 degrees. I don't think you'd get one that does 30 because its ment to wash it in really hot water to kill the germs. Only washing machines do 30.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest, I hope you do it if only because of its danger.

I don't necessarily want you to die, mind, your testicles' ability to create sperm would be fine, so long as you don't have any kids. Good God, you absolute ****.

ReputationRep:
    Another thought, haven't you thought that you might drown they get very full

ReputationRep:
    Well you're not going to be able to open it from the inside.

Surely you would a) be horribly burnt b) drown c) suffocate d) all of the above.

Don't do it. 400 quid, and for what? Appearing in the Daily Mail under the headline 'Drunken teen in dishwasher death horror.'

ReputationRep:
    hahaahahah while you're at it try this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rx2V8...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Leave the man be! This is survival of the fittest happening right before our eyes!

Bets involving white goods have been done before

ReputationRep:
    Kudos for an overactive imagination.

Thigns to consider - most dishwashers have a heating element in the base. If you remove the tray then you'll need to either sit on the base where there is no element or squat (horrid word) with your feet in that position - cramping? Assuming you go with the latter, you could then essentailly tuck your face into your chest, whereby your forehead would provide you with some protection from the stream of water from the top rotor.

Assuming you've had enough - how are you going to signal to get out? Two thuds on the side? Can it be heard?

How tall are you anyway? D'washers are pretty compact. Industrial ones are scarily hot. Don't use one of those.

BTW, if you do do it, then make sure you have a mate there who will take it seriously if you need to get out.

Eco setting might be less hot? Dunno. Anyway, if you do it be careful.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. That's crazy.

Could you actually die getting in a dishwasher when it's on?

ReputationRep:
    I regrettably anticipate hearing the finale of this story on BBC News.

You stupid ****.

ReputationRep:
    Do it - you legend.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't try it.
    Some people do anything for money
    Hmm don't dishwashers get really hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    Kudos for an overactive imagination.

Thigns to consider - most dishwashers have a heating element in the base. If you remove the tray then you'll need to either sit on the base where there is no element or squat (horrid word) with your feet in that position - cramping? Assuming you go with the latter, you could then essentailly tuck your face into your chest, whereby your forehead would provide you with some protection from the stream of water from the top rotor.

Assuming you've had enough - how are you going to signal to get out? Two thuds on the side? Can it be heard?

How tall are you anyway? D'washers are pretty compact. Industrial ones are scarily hot. Don't use one of those.

BTW, if you do do it, then make sure you have a mate there who will take it seriously if you need to get out.

Eco setting might be less hot? Dunno. Anyway, if you do it be careful.
    My dishwasher at home doesn't have any temperatures above 60C. But then, it was a cheap one that's quite old.

I won't drown, have you ever opened a dishwasher in midwash? It isn't full of water. I could I suppose accidentally step on the drainage hole, but this is unlikely and all I'd need to do would be move my feet.

I'm thinking I might buy a cheap dishwasher out the paper. Should get something reasonable for £20. Then, drill a hole in it with a hose for air. To communicate with the outside, I'd have a switch that needed to be held constantly, if I let go of it, it would immediately signal a light outside to the guys that the bet stops and I need out.

I would also disconnect the heating element. I'm a bit anxious of the drying cycle killing me. I might get hypothermia this way, but could wear a wetsuit for warmth to prevent it.

I am 6'2 and quite muscular, but I am reasonably supple and can fit in, I've tried. Just got to take it slowly getting in.

I take care of myself, I minimise every risk I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    My dishwasher at home doesn't have any temperatures above 60C. But then, it was a cheap one that's quite old.

I won't drown, have you ever opened a dishwasher in midwash? It isn't full of water. I could I suppose accidentally step on the drainage hole, but this is unlikely and all I'd need to do would be move my feet.

I'm thinking I might buy a cheap dishwasher out the paper. Should get something reasonable for £20. Then, drill a hole in it with a hose for air. To communicate with the outside, I'd have a switch that needed to be held constantly, if I let go of it, it would immediately signal a light outside to the guys that the bet stops and I need out.

I would also disconnect the heating element. I'm a bit anxious of the drying cycle killing me. I might get hypothermia this way, but could wear a wetsuit for warmth to prevent it.

I am 6'2 and quite muscular, but I am reasonably supple and can fit in, I've tried. Just got to take it slowly getting in.

I take care of myself, I minimise every risk I can.
    Legend - should you carry this out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I just checked out my dishwasher, and we have just a rinse setting, so that would be ideal, although the lowest temperature is 50 degrees. I don't think you'd get one that does 30 because its ment to wash it in really hot water to kill the germs. Only washing machines do 30.
    Unless your dishwasher, like mine, has an Eco setting

OP - don't do it, unless you have a death wish. Also, most (at least all I've ever seen) don't run unless the door is completely shut - meaning you won't be able to get out, and it's not like you can take a mobile in there to phone a friend to let you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Unless your dishwasher, like mine, has an Eco setting
    *high five*

oo oo mine's a Bosch exxcel multi programme, whats yours?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Even if they took out my parent's dishwasher's racks I still doubt I could fit inside it, and I'm not even the bulkiest of guys...
    If the op says he can fit inside it then who are we to argue ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.