Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you do it and it does somehow go wrong and you die (which I doubt)

I will nominate you for a darwin award, you deserve that at least.

ReputationRep:
    lool, please tell me this is a joke? I ain't going to push you to do it, but if you do...good luck and please do me a favour and video it!!

P.S. From what I have read from everyone else posts, I do suggest you plan this very careful..u would hate it something went wrong

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think your switch will break when it gets wet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I survived being struck by lightning, but I didn't go out of my way to make it happen...
    :eek:

When/how/wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how it goes then

ReputationRep:
    What will your mates be doing for an hour whilst you are in the washer?

You said you'd hook up a panic light but are you sure they'd be watching it all the time so they'd notice?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Even if they were watching it all the time, dishwashers normally don't have a manual override to stop the process, at least not on one's I've ever seen! If the door is locked then they surely they won't be able to get you out even if you wanted them to?

(Btw I've never used a dishwasher, I'm making this assumption based on washing machines, which I also recommend you don't try!)

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the Americans are phasing out water torture and bringing in dishwasher torture.

ReputationRep:
    I am impressed.

I would suggest you don't do it... BUT.

If you do, can you please leave written instruction with login name and password to go onto this thread just so we can find out if you died heroically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Even if they were watching it all the time, dishwashers normally don't have a manual override to stop the process, at least not on one's I've ever seen! If the door is locked then they surely they won't be able to get you out even if you wanted them to?

(Btw I've never used a dishwasher, I'm making this assumption based on washing machines, which I also recommend you don't try!)
    I'm pretty sure you can just open them whenever, since I don't think they actually fill with water like washing machines do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I'm pretty sure you can just open them whenever, since I don't think they actually fill with water like washing machines do.
    You can, or at least you can with my one. Press the power button, ten seconds later you can open the door. But if this goes ahead we certainly need to get ready with a darwin award...

ReputationRep:
    hmm
    I've no idea. But if you're OK, tell me and then I'll make the same bet for £400 .

I think it'll be OK. I'd take a bottle of cold water with you to keep you hydrated. And maybe strap ice to strategic parts of your body.

Yeh and definitely make sure of that escape route lol

Maybe you should meditate inside.

Keep cool!! and good luck

Peace oout xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    Yeah, I thought of this too. The switch won't be completely submerged. And it'll be pretty low voltage too. So I won't be electricuted. And I will calibrate it before to make sure it works perfect.

Yes, I have put a lot of thought into this, because I love to win a bet. And the money makes it worthwhile too. And not many people can say they've survived a dishwasher cycle, I can use it to pull.

It'd work on you right, if I slid up beside you, gave you a smile, looked into your eyes and whispered into your ear, "Hey Vicko, have you ever made out with a guy who survived a dishwasher cycle before?"
    If someone said that to me i'd be walking away quickly. You are mad, totally. firstly for making such a stupid bet and secondly for actually planning and putting so much thought into actually going through with it.

well if you want to enter into the darwin awards and get some recognition for doing this then feel free to go in a dish washer.

the £400 would go well towards something useful....

ReputationRep:
    I was out yesterday, got talking to some guys while slightly intoxicated, and the subject of dishwashers came up. I have a bit of a reputation for doing crazy bets. So, to cut a long story short, I have been challenged to go in a dishwasher and stay in it for one full cycle, with the door shut and everything. There is a lot of money riding on this bet (400 quid minimum), so I'm definately up for it.

I made sure it was a 30C cycle, and that there was no detergent added, as I don't want scalded. And that the racks for dishes are removed, as otherwise I won't fit in.

I imagine it's going to be like a sauna, but colder, and pitch black. I also might get cramp because a dishwasher cycle takes an hour or so. But, what I wonder is, are dishwashers airtight? Because I don't want to sufficate. I may attach an airhose to the outside to allow me to breathe if this is the case. Also, how hot does a dishwasher get on the drying bit? Dishes always seem really hot when they come out.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    :five: HERO!! How are you going to breathe? Small oxygen tank? haha I want this filmed and stuck on here, such an unreal bet to do.
    Worth the money in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I was out yesterday, got talking to some guys while slightly intoxicated, and the subject of dishwashers came up. I have a bit of a reputation for doing crazy bets

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    what other crazy bets have you done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I'm pretty sure you can just open them whenever
    You can. I do it all the time with mine - when I realise all the pots are in there and I've nothing to make a cup of tea in :o:

ReputationRep:
    You could steal a monkey from a zoo and do a test run on it.

ReputationRep:
    Wash out for the hot water!

ReputationRep:
    erm, email the dishwasher company, the model details, and ask how hot the drying is and if it can be disabled. Aside from that, you should be fine. Check it out first though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.