Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I had made this bet with him, I would only accept a full cycle of an unmodified stock dishwasher, not what is in effect turning into a bath with a lid.

ReputationRep:
    Legend.

Do it.

Better to die a hero....

(Yes, I consider this guy a hero if he was to die by putting himself in an active dishwasher) DO IT!

ReputationRep:
    *subscribes*

ReputationRep:
    As much as I feel you should not do this, like most my curiosity of the outcome leads me to watch quietly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Having perused your post history, I frankly suspect Darwin would turn in his grave if you didn't go through with this; so be my guest.
    LOL :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    I'll still have the rotors at the top and bottom not disabled. It will be like a cold, claustraphoic shower, in total darkness. And some dishwashers do run on a 30C setting which is basically the same, except warmer. I wouldn't have taken the bet if I thought I was going to die.
    Nobody is expecting you to die for a bet but I could squat in the dark in my shower tonight and nobody would bat an eyelid cause it's just not something worth causing a fuss over. If you're not gonna do it right, don't do it at all.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is amazing :teeth:

Updates OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
    This thread is amazing :teeth:

Updates OP?
    Interviews for uni this week. So it's not something I'm focused on atmo, I will keep you informed hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Interviews for uni this week. So it's not something I'm focused on atmo, I will keep you informed hopefully.
    Please do :yes:

For the record I think you're bonkers, but provided you take safety precautions I'll be interested to see what happens :p:

Edit: Good luck with your interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing. I expected death/victory by now.

ReputationRep:
    Bottled it mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Bottled it mate.
    Haha. I value a place at cambridge more than doing this bet immediately. It will come.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.