The Student Room Group

Can I reapply for the same course at different uni

Is it possible to drop out of uni and apply for the same course at a different university
yes of course

some universities may let you transfer in the second year if you finish the first
mine is a foundation year and so I'd like to restart it. It's just better for me that way. thank you
Original post by Emmie14Clara
mine is a foundation year and so I'd like to restart it. It's just better for me that way. thank you

The problem is you can only get funding for 4 years study so if you got SFE for this year you will not have enough to cover another foundation +3 years degree.
Original post by Scotney
The problem is you can only get funding for 4 years study so if you got SFE for this year you will not have enough to cover another foundation +3 years degree.

it's length of new course - years of previous study + 1, so they'd be fine but wouldn't be able to repeat another year.
Original post by _gcx
it's length of new course - years of previous study + 1, so they'd be fine but wouldn't be able to repeat another year.

Really so if someone did two years at uni and then wanted to change course what would the situation be then?
Original post by Scotney
Really so if someone did two years at uni and then wanted to change course what would the situation be then?

provided they're starting from the beginning they'd have to self-fund a year, I think that's year 1 so people don't start courses they can't afford to finish.

usually, at least, I'm not sure if there are circumstances where years are disregarded.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by _gcx
provided they're starting from the beginning they'd have to self-fund a year, I think that's year 1 so people don't start courses they can't afford to finish.

usually, at least, I'm not sure if there are circumstances where years are disregarded.

So why does that rule not apply to OP who has already done one year of foundation?
Original post by _gcx

Yeah this is correct unless SFE take into account ‘compelling personal reasons’ for exiting the first course.

And to reiterate, there is no 4 year cap on funding. It’s the calculation above.
Original post by Scotney
So why does that rule not apply to OP who has already done one year of foundation?

i don't think there's a problem since the OP has only used 1 year. You could drop out of a 3 year course after one year and start a 4 year course and that calculation gives 4 - 1 + 1 = 4, so all is well.
Original post by _gcx
i don't think there's a problem since the OP has only used 1 year. You could drop out of a 3 year course after one year and start a 4 year course and that calculation gives 4 - 1 + 1 = 4, so all is well.

Ahh I see.Well that is good news for OP thanks for the explanation .Every time I think I have got student finance down I discover I haven't!:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending