Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a laptop at xmas and I've been looking at bags that I could take it to college in. I'm looking for a normal bag, not a laptop bag, as I don't want it to look like I have one... like 'HEY THIEF, laptop's right in here '.

Does anyone know where I can find a nice roomy bag, preferabley with a shoulder strap? I want it to be quite 'fashionable'. At the moment I've seen this one from Urban Outfitters.

The laptop is only small, 13", but it's always nice to have room for my bag junk.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need to take your laptop to college? Surely you have computer labs? Have a look in Topshop and similar stores.

ReputationRep:
    We have a mac suite in our building, but there's only 8 of them so they're nearly always being used. It's just much easier to take my own and work on my desk.
    Tried Topshop, DP, River Island and all them but thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Paperchase are actually selling really nice laptop bags, but you wouldn't think they were for laptops at a glance.
    like this one

it's only £12.75, but the ones I saw had different patterns/colours a bit like the patterns on these

think there was one more black in colour...
    The red one's a bit bright.
    They look like satchels rather than laptop bags...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have something like the paperchase bag, I bought it from tkmaxx.
    try tkmaxx, they've got some lovely stuff in

ReputationRep:
    I bought a Golla bag from PC World for uni, you can't really tell it's a laptop bag.

This is the one I have:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/532136...e/Product.html

This is the selection on play:

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?sear...arch&pa=search

Mine has a padded area for my laptop, another section for papers and books, then two zip compartments at the front.

They are shoulder strap ones with a really easy adjustable strap.

ReputationRep:
    this place has quite big range of bags

i think NUS is offering a discount atm too
    http://www.ebags.co.uk/laptop/depart...?sub_site_id=4

ReputationRep:
    Would say by the way that you really should buy a bag made for carrying a laptop - will get very easily damaged otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help, will definitely check Paperchase and play.com.

(Original post by Spike4848)
    Would say by the way that you really should buy a bag made for carrying a laptop - will get very easily damaged otherwise.
    I bought a sleeve for it so it should be alright.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.