The Student Room Group

Advice please help asap

Im starting college soon and I've been researching the universities and the courses i want to apply to. they are all competitive courses at top universities. i have done a gap year so i have my GCSE results are they are crap. i got 8,777,66,555,4,3. when researching whether they would affect my application i found that the main concern is universities will be sceptical of my a level predicted if i do well in them.

I wanted advice on whether i should sit first year AS exams and hopefully do well in them. My thinking was that it may show the universities that i have changed as a student and my predicted grades are accurate to my abilities, hopefully lessening the scepticism and making them more confident in giving me offers.

any thoughts? thank you
Hello, sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply to you.

First off, I've just a few questions; what is it you want to apply to study at university? Also, may I ask what subjects the grades 4 & 3 were in?

I wouldn't say your GCSE grades are bad by any means, what grades did you get in your english and maths, as they are your most important?
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hello, sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply to you.

First off, I've just a few questions; what is it you want to apply to study at university? Also, may I ask what subjects the grades 4 & 3 were in?

I wouldn't say your GCSE grades are bad by any means, what grades did you get in your english and maths, as they are your most important?

hi, i got a grade 4 in business and a grade 3 in Spanish.
for english language i got a grade 7 and maths a grade 6
Original post by xoxoxoxo2097
hi, i got a grade 4 in business and a grade 3 in Spanish.
for english language i got a grade 7 and maths a grade 6

Hi, thanks for replying, what course/s at uni were you looking to apply for?
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hi, thanks for replying, what course/s at uni were you looking to apply for?

I want to do economics. Some universities i want to apply to are warwick/durham/exeter/UCL
Which A levels are you taking? Are you taking further maths?
Original post by ajj2000
Which A levels are you taking? Are you taking further maths?

yes. im doing maths, further maths, chemistry and english lit

Quick Reply

Latest