Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes, most definitely. I will strive to get the best paid and most successful job I can.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't we all? At least slightly, even.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and No but i wouldnt do a job i didnt like for more money

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I need it to live.

ReputationRep:
    I love money

ReputationRep:
    I would say I'm more motivated by success/achievement although money is an important aspect. I've read alot of success stories and profiles of entreprenuers and interestingly, quite alot of them state that they aren't motivated by money, rather they're motivated by a fear of failure.

Richard Branson says that money is for making things happen, it's a means to an end and not an end in itself.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. That's why I started my original degree, but I hated it so I dropped out and now I'm going to do something that will make me skint I intend to somehow make plenty of money though!

ReputationRep:
    Only to the point where I can guarantee a certain level of security.

ReputationRep:
    money and success, are 2 things that motivates me!

ReputationRep:
    Ja, but not for immoral things like sex.

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. Just as long as I'm earning about 25 - 30k I'll be perfectly content thankyou. I want a job which will give me satisfaction, which is why I am planning to go into teaching. I can't think of anything better than seeing young minds flourish and facing the challenge of motivating disruptive and wayward students. I can't wait!

Life is good.

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about this quite a lot. It used to be my ambition to get a successful job, make loads of money etc, but the more I think about it, the less it appeals to me. I think I would seriously be less happy with a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it makes me tick.
    but then again im aspiring to go into investment banking, so i guess it needs to be a motivator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    Yes, it makes me tick.
    but then again im aspiring to go into investment banking, so i guess it needs to be a motivator
    aka
    "i know virtually nothing, feel free to lol at my stereotypical, appalling outlook on life"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.