Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    Congrats, hoping to get an interview myself.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit odd but where else did you apply/a brief profile of someone who got accepted?

I applied Oxford, LSE, Warwick, UCL and LSE
    GCSEs: 8A*s 5As
    A level predicted AAA (history, economics, english lit)
    Thanks
    Sorry I didn't answer this question... was this aimed at me or at people who are already at King's? (I didn't know if you meant 'accepted' whether you mean accepted to interview or....?). Sorry, I'm probably being very very thick here!! :rolleyes:

For my part you can see where else I've applied in my signature, I got 9 A*s and 1 A at GCSE, 4 As and an E at AS Level and am predicted 3 A's. In terms of extracurricular stuff I've done World Challenge, Duke of Edinburgh, have a weekend job etc etc...

Anyway, if the question wasn't directed at me please ignore the above.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely, they will ask you something about a topic of your knowledge, but in a way which you've not thought about it before. Or they'll give you some evidence about something you haven't studied, & merely ask for your opinion based on the evidence presented. Not really difficult. Just to see if you can think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Sorry I didn't answer this question... was this aimed at me or at people who are already at King's? (I didn't know if you meant 'accepted' whether you mean accepted to interview or....?). Sorry, I'm probably being very very thick here!! :rolleyes:

For my part you can see where else I've applied in my signature, I got 9 A*s and 1 A at GCSE, 4 As and an E at AS Level and am predicted 3 A's. In terms of extracurricular stuff I've done World Challenge, Duke of Edinburgh, have a weekend job etc etc...

Anyway, if the question wasn't directed at me please ignore the above.
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just checking they weren't only giving out interviews to the 15A* brigade right now. I was basically curious to see who they were giving interviews out to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just checking they weren't only giving out interviews to the 15A* brigade right now. I was basically curious to see who they were giving interviews out to.
    Cool, you're welcome... gosh, no, I'm nothing special lol!!! I'm fairly sure the main reason I've got such an early interview is simply because I made such an early application.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've sort of only read 1 of the 4 books on my Personal Statement. Does this actually matter? I've read about 2/3 of the other 2 and none of 1 of them. Arr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cackhandedchimp)
    Ok, I've sort of only read 1 of the 4 books on my Personal Statement. Does this actually matter? I've read about 2/3 of the other 2 and none of 1 of them. Arr!
    Well i've only read a few books in the topics ive cited an interested in, which is concerning when that equates to about 2 books in my interest of "the seventeenth century to the modern day.
    Do you have an interview then? Perhaps you could dive into a few chapters of the book you havent read, the main ones - i've gotta quickly read the last 320 pages of Charles Beards History of The United States first.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what people have said, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll read the intro and conclusion and pick out some key chapters.

Yeah I have an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cackhandedchimp)
    Yeah that's what people have said, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll read the intro and conclusion and pick out some key chapters.

Yeah I have an interview.
    What date? May well bump into in the waiting room... :eek:

I'm so nervous and excited...!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted without an interview last week, but I think it's due to the fact that I'm an international student (I study in Finland). I am predicted somewhere between 43 and 45 in the IB. I got their standard offer of 38 points and 6, 6, 6 at HL. I'm pretty happy, although King's is not my first choice (I'm applying to Cambridge, Durham, LSE and Warwick also).

Anyway good luck to you all with interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scade)
    I got accepted without an interview last week, but I think it's due to the fact that I'm an international student (I study in Finland). I am predicted somewhere between 43 and 45 in the IB. I got their standard offer of 38 points and 6, 6, 6 at HL. I'm pretty happy, although King's is not my first choice (I'm applying to Cambridge, Durham, LSE and Warwick also).

Anyway good luck to you all with interviews.
    Wow, well done.

Ahh, interview in two days time!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Wow, well done.

Ahh, interview in two days time!! :eek:
    Getting nervous; I have to admit I am :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Calm down everyone. It will be fine. If you're being interviewed in the department on the 8th floor, breathe and enjoy the view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozza1991)
    Getting nervous; I have to admit I am :yep:
    What time is your interview (tomorrow)? Anywhoo, good luck!!

(Original post by Sijia)
    Calm down everyone. It will be fine. If you're being interviewed in the department on the 8th floor, breathe and enjoy the view.
    Thanks. I am bizarrely un-nervous at this point, just looking forward to going to London for the day and talking about History!!

But I have printed my PS off in case it comes up in the interview and will probably cringe when I read it again... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I haven;'t got any acknowledgement/interview from KCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    What time is your interview (tomorrow)? Anywhoo, good luck!!

10:20, how about yourself?
    Thanks, good luck to you too!!

God i wish I was in an unnervous statelike you
    On the one hand I am confident, but I do fear that I have a lack of actual knowledge if you know what I mean

ReputationRep:
    10:20, how about yourself?
    Thanks, good luck to you too!!

God i wish I was in an unnervous statelike you
    On the one hand I am confident, but I do fear that I have a lack of actual knowledge if you know what I mean
    11.40. For a minute there I thought I was in at 10.40, which would mean we'd sort of pass each other... that would be weird in a manner of speaking. Are you going to the campus tour in the afternoon? If you see a girl with long hair and a bright red coat, that's me.

Yes, actual knowledge is worrying me too. I can imagine them asking "what do you read, and what has it taught you" and my mind just pulling a blank... "well, erm, Parallel Lives... it's a heck of a thick book..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    11.40. For a minute there I thought I was in at 10.40, which would mean we'd sort of pass each other... that would be weird in a manner of speaking. Are you going to the campus tour in the afternoon? If you see a girl with long hair and a bright red coat, that's me.

Yes, actual knowledge is worrying me too. I can imagine them asking "what do you read, and what has it taught you" and my mind just pulling a blank... "well, erm, Parallel Lives... it's a heck of a thick book..."
    I may go on the tour, i'm not terribly sure yet! I'll have to keep an eye out for you regardless
    I'm going in a navy suit; too formal??

lol; my reaction will be much the same!

ReputationRep:
    I may go on the tour, i'm not terribly sure yet! I'll have to keep an eye out for you regardless
    I'm going in a navy suit; too formal??

lol; my reaction will be much the same!
    I think a suit for a guy is fine. I think it's maybe a bit harder for girls - trouser suits look *way* formal on a girl, whereas a suit is just smart on a boy... does that make sense? I wanted to wear a sort of blazer/trouser combination but according to my mother, the blacks clashed. :rolleyes: So I've settled for a pale blue v-neck sweater sort of thing underneath my coat and pinstripe trousers. Now I just need to choose shoes (I have a lot of choice, lol!!).

You know, I can also see myself going up to some guy in a navy blue suit and asking "are you wozza 1991" - "am I what?!"

Ahh I'm in a silly mood now. Seriously need to get to bed early tonight I think, 8.30 train tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    I think a suit for a guy is fine. I think it's maybe a bit harder for girls - trouser suits look *way* formal on a girl, whereas a suit is just smart on a boy... does that make sense? I wanted to wear a sort of blazer/trouser combination but according to my mother, the blacks clashed. :rolleyes: So I've settled for a pale blue v-neck sweater sort of thing underneath my coat and pinstripe trousers. Now I just need to choose shoes (I have a lot of choice, lol!!).

You know, I can also see myself going up to some guy in a navy blue suit and asking "are you wozza 1991" - "am I what?!"

Ahh I'm in a silly mood now. Seriously need to get to bed early tonight I think, 8.30 train tomorrow!
    Yeah that makes sense, things rarely do to me so yay :cool:

lol, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for you, but I dare say i'd be too afraid of asking the wrong person if they were Hovis

early bed? I've got Bismarck to be reading up on :woo: that side of the course I barely know anything on! Long journey from your part of Suffolk?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that makes sense, things rarely do to me so yay :cool:

lol, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for you, but I dare say i'd be too afraid of asking the wrong person if they were Hovis

early bed? I've got Bismarck to be reading up on :woo: that side of the course I barely know anything on! Long journey from your part of Suffolk?
    I seriously doubt anyone will have a coat quite as bright as mine. I like to make a visual impact.

It's a good 1 and a half hour train journey, but the train service is so monumentally bad that it's likely to take four hours, so I've given myself lots of time to get to King's!

Oh yeah, since you mentioned reading another thing you might be able to notice me by will be the fact that I will be carrying a ginourmous handbag full of books for frantic on-the-train-reading. :p: Then again that'll probably apply to all applicants!

I was re-reading the prospectus last night and it was very depressing the ratio of students to places is something like 1:12

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 27, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.