Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    I seriously doubt anyone will have a coat quite as bright as mine. I like to make a visual impact.

It's a good 1 and a half hour train journey, but the train service is so monumentally bad that it's likely to take four hours, so I've given myself lots of time to get to King's!

Oh yeah, since you mentioned reading another thing you might be able to notice me by will be the fact that I will be carrying a ginourmous handbag full of books for frantic on-the-train-reading. :p: Then again that'll probably apply to all applicants!

I was re-reading the prospectus last night and it was very depressing the ratio of students to places is something like 1:12
    My head of learning would be very impressed, bright colours are the way to go for an interview apparently :yep:

It's not so bad for me, its only a single train into Charing X and thats only like down the road, less reading time tho

I'll just have to pretend I didn't hear that ratio :shifty:
    As far as I can remember, only about half of all applicants make it through to interview and that that equates to 200; i'm sure you'll be fine though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozza1991)
    My head of learning would be very impressed, bright colours are the way to go for an interview apparently :yep:

It's not so bad for me, its only a single train into Charing X and thats only like down the road, less reading time tho

I'll just have to pretend I didn't hear that ratio :shifty:
    As far as I can remember, only about half of all applicants make it through to interview and that that equates to 200; i'm sure you'll be fine though!
    Lol, thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I feel so jealous reading some of these interview things. Still no acknowledgement.

I hope they do it by some sort of rota and that this doesn't mean I've been instantly rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, there's more interview days in January, February and March. So don't panick just yet.

ReputationRep:
    Are they after January exams?

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I don't know when your exams are, but the interview day should be in the last half of the month.

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview for History at Kings today! I have to wait until January though... I also got an unconditional from Warwick, but today I also got rejected by Oxford :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmokeJaguar)
    Got my interview for History at Kings today! I have to wait until January though... I also got an unconditional from Warwick, but today I also got rejected by Oxford :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Me too. :console:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a January interview
    Over the mooooooon! & also rather terrified.
    Going to be doing some manic re-reading!

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview today from Kings. I'm pretty damn chuffed. I also got an offer from Warwick yesterday so I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    Well different people do different interviews, so it would be wrong to assume they'll be all the same.
    However, having had mine yesterday, there not something to fear too much. Mine was essentially picking out the special lil touches that i put in it, so if ur hot on everything in there you should be absolutely fine!
    Congrats to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Oh no NB!! I'm really really sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)

Me three. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, for those who have had their interviews, was there anything surprising or unexpected that came up? Or was it all pretty straightforward?
    I'm trying to prepare like I would for any uni, just wondering if there is anything a bit different about the King's interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Essex Girl.)
    Just a quick question, for those who have had their interviews, was there anything surprising or unexpected that came up? Or was it all pretty straightforward?
    I'm trying to prepare like I would for any uni, just wondering if there is anything a bit different about the King's interview.
    It was all fairly straightfoward, and very pleasant - we just went from one topic to the next based on what I said I'd studied in History lately, it was fine.

Relax and enjoy it. And good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview quite a while ago - on the 26th of November.
    The interview was not how I expected it to be. I was grilled about my GCSE history course for 15 of the 20 minutes, the Irish Troubles to be precise, and all I could of at the time was 'I don't remember what I did in my history lesson last week let alone what I did two years ago!'. The horrible part was my interviewer was Irish! And I was just thinking if I say something wrong HE'S GOING TO KNOW!
    He took pity on me in the end and asked me about something I was comfortable with but still no questions regarding my A level history course :rolleyes:
    Despite the disasterous interview I did get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Was it Dr Ian McBride who interviewed you? In which case you were rather unlucky. He teaches a Group 2 module on the Irish Troubles. ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sijia)
    Was it Dr Ian McBride who interviewed you? In which case you were rather unlucky. He teaches a Group 2 module on the Irish Troubles. ;-)
    I don't actually remember the name - I was sooo nervous, but you're probably right.
    I'm not too unlucky though - an offer did come out of that terrible interview

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Congratulations on the offer though!

ReputationRep:
    I remember thinking that my interview went disastrously, but I was offered a place. I got dates wrong (date of Maastricht Treaty, if I remember rightly), waffled and couldn't really answer a few, but the point is this:

They want to see that you're interesting and interested. They want to see that you can engage in thoughtful discussion without becoming defensive/aggressive/dismissive etc. It doesn't matter if you get dates or names wrong (within reason), but what does matter is that you appear willing and eager to invest at least three years worth of arduous work into a subject that you have a palpable passion for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.