Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info. sounds like it will be relatively how I expected. Goodness, I hope they steer clear of my GCSE topics I can recall about as much as I would probably have known before even starting the course. But ah well, we shall see. I guess the most important thing to get across is a genuine enthusiasm - Must ensure I don't let nerves get in the way of that!

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask, how were you informed that you had an interview?
    Was it through email or letter?
    Should i be worried that i haven't heard anything even though i applied Mid-November?

ReputationRep:
    It was letter. But I wouldn't be worried they seem to be doing it in batches and I don't think they've sent out more since the lot for next week yet. I sent mine at the beginning of November and heard back quite fast so I assume I just managed to make it into the bracket for January interviews. This is just me speculating btw, I really don't know how these flippin' admissions tutors figure it all out lol but that's how I'm guessing it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackthomas1990)
    Can i ask, how were you informed that you had an interview?
    Was it through email or letter?
    Should i be worried that i haven't heard anything even though i applied Mid-November?
    Mine was letter also. I think what Essex Girl might be correct. I applied late September and got my interview late November.
    I definitely don't thibk you should be worried as they are still giving out offers for interview so I'm sure you'll hear soon enough. Sit tight and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotOfGold)
    Mine was letter also. I think what Essex Girl might be correct. I applied late September and got my interview late November.
    I definitely don't thibk you should be worried as they are still giving out offers for interview so I'm sure you'll hear soon enough. Sit tight and good luck
    Cheers! That sounds kind of promising, what GCSEs and as levels did you get out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! That sounds kind of promising, what GCSEs and as levels did you get out of interest?
    Hey, glad to be of help
    I got 6A*s 4As at GCSE and 4As at AS level.
    Can I ask which other universities you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotOfGold)
    Hey, glad to be of help
    I got 6A*s 4As at GCSE and 4As at AS level.
    Can I ask which other universities you applied to?
    I applied to Manchester, Exeter, Sheffield and Cardiff and have got offers from all of them so just waiting on Kings College now!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Manchester, Exeter, Sheffield and Cardiff and have got offers from all of them so just waiting on Kings College now!
    Ooh 4 really good unis, well done!
    Hope you hear from KCL soon.

ReputationRep:
    Agh!! I am really worried about my interview... I feel that I dont know enough and they will catch me out.

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress too much about it. They're not aiming specifically to catch you where you are vulnerable. That's what they do to current students.

ReputationRep:
    I, too, am bricking it over my personal statement. One of my books is still unread (yes i'm an idiot) and i'm pretty unconfident about it. Everything else, however, I have NO problem with whatsoever. I'm just hoping I can sway the conversation away from stuff I don't know and towards the things i'm confident on. (I wrote in my personal statement that I have an interest in dictators, and mentioned having studied Mao, Stalin and Hitler, but Hitler is the one dictator that I know not much about apart from the very basics)

ReputationRep:
    Well, the interview is more like a discussion than interrogation, so you do have the ability to steer the conversation in the direction you want it to go. There is no point for them to ask you stuff on what you don't know; if they ask on things you do know, and you can demonstrate some good critical reasoning, then that's what counts.

You're there to show that you have the ability to learn, not that you know everything already.

ReputationRep:
    aghh mine is on wednesday! is anyone else going then?
    I really hope they dont ask me about books on my PS; I cant remember anything about them! Stressing, but not really doing anything about it in the little time I have left..
    useless.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one on wednesday as well. I'm not really looking forward to it as such, but I'm certainly not dreading it just yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wednesday, too. I think i'm probably one of the first - my interview is 10am.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wednesday too! ahhh! Had a meeting with my history tutor over my coursework today and the basic conclusion we came too is that I have relatively no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to Irish history. So please King's, do NOT ask me about it, cheers. Ask me about the Suffragettes & Hitler instead

ReputationRep:
    ... so who else is bricking it and doing some last minute blitz-revision for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    *raises hand*

ReputationRep:
    well, thank **** thats over. now it's time to wait and see... again

ReputationRep:
    How did it go? What did they ask you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.