Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys. just let me know if u need any advice or anything (although tbh this thread pretty much covers everything).

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer Just gotta work to get the grades now

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! And good luck with those exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiyong)
    I got an offer Just gotta work to get the grades now
    congrats! did you have an interview? I'm still waiting and increasingly worried it will be a rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -spook-)
    congrats! did you have an interview? I'm still waiting and increasingly worried it will be a rejection!
    Don't worry about it if sometimes they take a while. They must still be marking our essays!

And I'm sure you'll have loads of fun writing your final year dissertation as I am right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sijia)
    Don't worry about it if sometimes they take a while. They must still be marking our essays!

And I'm sure you'll have loads of fun writing your final year dissertation as I am right now!
    Thanks, it doesn't help that I am really impatient! I really liked Kings, I would just rather be flat out rejected than have to wait and thenbe rejected!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -spook-)
    Yeah I had an interview and dont give up hope there are still more interview dates to come through

ReputationRep:
    I have actually had my interview and am waiting to hear back, how long was it before you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    I heard back about 2 days later. Interview wednesday, offer friday via email. Track was done a few days later. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    It took just under 2 weeks until I heard back ... so it seems to vary quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    For those who are considering King's, there are a number of trips organised by the Clio Society every year. Some are small, visiting local sights in London such as Hampton Court Palace, Temple Church, Tower of London; others are large including Venice, Poland, & Dublin. These trips are often led & organised with full-time academic staff.

I just returned from Dublin & it was fabulous. Irish staff & then a few other staff members. Great time to get to know your professors & also to learn a thing or two about Irish history.

What is the clio society?

ReputationRep:
    It's the society for history students. It organises social events & a few 'educational' trips here & there. It keeps most people from going completely mental after reading too many history books.

I have my interview in a few hours! I'm quite worried to be honest, is the open day history talk any good? If it is I better leave the house soon!

ReputationRep:
    It's quite good but nothing spectacular. It was just the Head of the department explaining about the course and the university etc. Don't worry too much, it is quite a laid back informal interview quite unlike (my) oxbridge interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    It's quite good but nothing spectacular. It was just the Head of the department explaining about the course and the university etc. Don't worry too much, it is quite a laid back informal interview quite unlike (my) oxbridge interviews
    Paul Readman. You wouldn't know it by just listening to his speeches. But he is a legend. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have their interview today?
    How did they go?

ReputationRep:
    Well I had an interview on 4th Feb, they said i would hear back within 3 weeks and I still havent heard anything now. I take it I got rejected lol! I might ring up and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessieb)
    Well I had an interview on 4th Feb, they said i would hear back within 3 weeks and I still havent heard anything now. I take it I got rejected lol! I might ring up and ask.
    Same here, but I did here that that the wait may be unitl the end of March! A whole month and a bit left!

ReputationRep:
    What!?! The head of history told me it would be 3 weeks! What time was your interview and who interviewed you just out of interest? Is it your first choice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.