The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
PS is really important, if it's **** and you send it chances are that you will be rejected. Post your PS and you'll get opinions and advice.
do not post it here tho, post it in the private PS forum
Perhaps you could ask Paul to help you with it. :biggrin:
Barry Chuckle
All the 'great' ps I have seen have been cheesy

I can tell you that a great PS is not cheesy, and I advise you to remove all traces of cheddariness.
I can tell you that a great PS is not cheesy, and I advise you to remove all traces of cheddariness.

That's a great advice!
Reply 6
Good bloke

LISTEN! a PS that requires bernards watch and, 'arn't I great' in every other sentence, and particularly this year ive visited afghanistan and de-wormed orphans. IS cheesy, and simply b o l l o x my freind.
Reply 7
I think my PS was fairly decent, and it wasn't cheesy at all.
Alot of personal statements i've read online have made me feel sick they are so OTT...but yeah in mine i've just tried to write in my own way and big myself up but not too much.
As others have said post it to the PS help forum..I did this last night and have already been told by someone they will look through it this afternoon.
Reply 9
For the record I have re wrote my PS and I'm quite pleased with it.
I have played it simplish (that is not a word), kept it babble free and been quite modest.
Reply 10
get anyone to help, edit/adjust it :biggrin:
Barry Chuckle
LISTEN! a PS that requires bernards watch and, 'arn't I great' in every other sentence, and particularly this year ive visited afghanistan and de-wormed orphans. IS cheesy, and simply b o l l o x my freind.

If you have that in every other sentence it is not cheesy - it is just bad! Is de-worming orphans relevant to engineering? I don't understand what you are talking about with "bernards watch" (sic).
Reply 12
Good bloke
If you have that in every other sentence it is not cheesy - it is just bad! Is de-worming orphans relevant to engineering? I don't understand what you are talking about with "bernards watch" (sic).

bernards watch was a kids program years ago where the kid (named bernard :rolleyes:) owned a magical watch that could stop time... :rolleyes:

de worming orphans comment is quite simple, 'holier than thou' B/S easy to figure also sarcastic.

and my new PS is quite nice I think.
Reply 13
Barry Chuckle
bernards watch was a kids program years ago where the kid (named bernard :rolleyes:) owned a magical watch that could stop time... :rolleyes:

And this has relevance to PS' how?

Barry Chuckle
de worming orphans comment is quite simple, 'holier than thou' B/S easy to figure also sarcastic.

What if they actually did, and it was relevant to their course? (Don't ask for suggestions, I don't know enough about de-worming orphans or many other courses than the one I am applying for).
Reply 14
LH123
And this has relevance to PS' how?

What if they actually did, and it was relevant to their course? (Don't ask for suggestions, I don't know enough about de-worming orphans or many other courses than the one I am applying for).

JFC

comments in question are MINE, are SARCASTIC and purely a figment of MY imagination,,,, used to describe a cheesy PS. K?
Reply 15
What does JFC mean?
Reply 16
Juustuburger
Perhaps you could ask Paul to help you with it. :biggrin:

:rofl:, Useless reply, but funny all the same :biggrin:

Rep on the way to you :wink:
Reply 17
a tad bit over the top, no?

When you get angry writing about yourself = emo
Reply 18
Just never start it with 'Ever since...'!

Oh the cheese!
Reply 19
"Ever since I was born I had a great desire to study [blahblah]"?

Latest