Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

maybe i should have got B's and C's Watch

ReputationRep:
    Each med school gets about 2000 applications per year. It's not even been a month since the deadline, do you really think they'll have sorted through them yet? Interviews tend to go on till March and April, so even if they have an interview lined up for you it's unlikely they'd send you an invite till much nearer the time. I know it's hard to think rationally when you're so desperate to hear something (believe me, I was exactly the same last year!) but there's really nothing to worry about yet.

Keep focussed on the work and ignore any feelings of jealousy towards your friends, otherwise you'll just become even more bitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom4510)
    So you're angry that your firends who got Bs and C are getting interviews and you're not because you're getting As? In otherwords you feel you should be getting the interviews instead because you're better than them?

Not a great attitude to have there...

Well wouldn't you be a bit annoyed? I would. She should be rewarded for her good grades, I can sympathize and understand where she is coming from.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the real world.

Life's a ***** - injustice is ripe and everyone else seems to get a better deal than you do.

The people who shine? Those that don't throw their burdens onto other people and make excuses.

ReputationRep:
    there is a chance you might not get in

thank you for the support and advice given by the lot of you. i do need to focus more and prioritise on getting the grades because if i don't work then i can kiss goodbye to getting a place next year if worst comes and i do get straight rejections.

i don't know whether it was the way i came across in my original post but i'm not saying that i am better than my friends, therefore i deserve an interview and they do not. i'm really chuffed for them, i really am. everyone's was sent off on the same day and when people have applied to the same unis as you and they hear news before you, is it really that wrong for me to question why i haven't had any similar news or update? it has led me to doubt my personal statement, my reference and my capability of actually getting a place but in no way would i ever try and discredit my friend's achievements - i just want to be able to share and feel what they're feeling too. i will acknowledge the fact that it is still november so i'll just wait and see what happens. i just needed to get this off my mind because it has been eating away inside me and i just didn't know what to do, say or act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank you for the support and advice given by the lot of you. i do need to focus more and prioritise on getting the grades because if i don't work then i can kiss goodbye to getting a place next year if worst comes and i do get straight rejections.

i don't know whether it was the way i came across in my original post but i'm not saying that i am better than my friends, therefore i deserve an interview and they do not. i'm really chuffed for them, i really am. everyone's was sent off on the same day and when people have applied to the same unis as you and they hear news before you, is it really that wrong for me to question why i haven't had any similar news or update? it has led me to doubt my personal statement, my reference and my capability of actually getting a place but in no way would i ever try and discredit my friend's achievements - i just want to be able to share and feel what they're feeling too. i will acknowledge the fact that it is still november so i'll just wait and see what happens. i just needed to get this off my mind because it has been eating away inside me and i just didn't know what to do, say or act.
    It's not nice, just got to wait it out I'm afraid There's nothing you can do about your application now so keep yourself occupied with other stuff and try not to think about it too much!

ReputationRep:
    Look at it this way: My school hasn't set my UCAS off yet and my friends are getting offers; so shut the **** up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.