The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English LitLang NEA Coursework... HELP!

Hi,
I take AQA English LitLang and we're going to begin our NEA coursework from September. We have to go back with at least our fiction text to study, and I've got a list of books that have interested me, but I'm really not sure how I should choose/what I should be focusing on to make finding a non-literary text easier. Currently, my ideas for books are:
- East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
- Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier)
- Noughts and Crosses (Malorie Blackman)
- Northern Lights (Philip Pullman)
Any help/experience/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by hannah040
Hi,
I take AQA English LitLang and we're going to begin our NEA coursework from September. We have to go back with at least our fiction text to study, and I've got a list of books that have interested me, but I'm really not sure how I should choose/what I should be focusing on to make finding a non-literary text easier. Currently, my ideas for books are:
- East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
- Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier)
- Noughts and Crosses (Malorie Blackman)
- Northern Lights (Philip Pullman)
Any help/experience/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :smile:

Have you been given a specific theme to focus on when you are completing your coursework? For example for my NEA for Eng Lit we are focusing on looking at novels and their Marxist relevance.

The only book I have read out of that list is Rebecca however I really enjoyed it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by cba093
Have you been given a specific theme to focus on when you are completing your coursework? For example for my NEA for Eng Lit we are focusing on looking at novels and their Marxist relevance.

The only book I have read out of that list is Rebecca however I really enjoyed it :smile:

Thank you for your reply!
We haven't been given a specific theme to discuss - the guidance has been to choose a book, find a theme, and get your non-fiction source.....
I'm definitely swaying more towards Rebecca as I'm obsessed with du Maurier recently, but that is as far as I've gotten!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending