The Student Room Group

Period of variation of luminosity of cepheid stars, IAL

How do I read this graph and answer this :frown:
299227649_3232005787067931_1057715340752197928_n.jpg
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aurora.j
How do I read this graph and answer this :frown:

Unfortunately, your image doesn't display on my machine, though it did in minature in a quote so I can just about read some of it.

Each successive vertical line between 1 and 10 on the horizontal axis represents an increase of 1. So, since the period is 3 days, the value on the vertical scale is....

I can't read the scaling on the vertical though.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Hii, I fixed it for you, can you see it now??
Original post by ghostwalker
Unfortunately, your image doesn't display on my machine, though it did in minature in a quote so I can just about read some of it.

Each successive vertical line between 1 and 10 on the horizontal axis represents an increase of 1. So, since the period is 3 days, the value on the vertical scale is....

I can't read the scaling on the vertical though.
Hii, I fixed it for you, can you see it now??

It's no better than the minature I saw when I tried to quote it - it's only 25k in size , low definition.

Anyhow, are you still stuck, and if so where?
Reply 4
Basically, the x axis is hard to read on this graph. It's not uniform. I attached an image, if you're comfy with opening attachments.
It's no better than the minature I saw when I tried to quote it - it's only 25k in size , low definition.

Basically, the x axis is hard to read on this graph. It's not uniform. I attached an image, if you're comfy with opening attachments.

That one is even smaller, 16k. The issue is the resolution you're using for the image - but it may not matter....

I did address the x-axis issue in my first post.

The origin is at x=1, then each successive vertical line through the x-axis, between 1 and 10 will represent an increase of 1. I.e. the vertical lines are 1,2,3,4,.....9,10.

Then between 10 and 100 each vertical line will represent an increase of 10, so it will go 10, 20, 30,...
Reply 6
Oh thank you. I finally get it

That one is even smaller, 16k. The issue is the resolution you're using for the image - but it may not matter....

I did address the x-axis issue in my first post.

The origin is at x=1, then each successive vertical line through the x-axis, between 1 and 10 will represent an increase of 1. I.e. the vertical lines are 1,2,3,4,.....9,10.

Then between 10 and 100 each vertical line will represent an increase of 10, so it will go 10, 20, 30,...
Oh thank you. I finally get it.

:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest